otreblA_SNAKE_ITA Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:39am
Desperatley trying to contact a moderator to report a cheat with link
Hi all,
it's days I'm trying to contact a moderator to report him a cheat (with download link) for the VAC team and all I got was to be completely ignored.

I've added many mods (I couldn't MP them without asking a friendship), I wrote on their wall that I had to report a cheat (with link) too, but nothing: I was completely ignored.

Is this what a user who's trying to improve the community against the cheaters gets? Wow, thank you so much!

And if Acid moderator didn't accept my friendship (I'm still waiting him to notice me), DoubleD also removed my request, so he knows I exist and I have to make a report but at this point I believe he doesn't even want to talk with me.

Thank you very much! It's not only a matter of having a good service: it's a matter of education.

We deserve tons of cheats then, and someone else shouldn't be a moderator if his work is ignoring people (and maybe remove their friendship requests).

Hope someone is gonna notice me, now.

PS:
Where can I report a cheat-site / cheat binaries?

Please do not post links to cheat sites on the open forums. Instead we request that you private message the details of the cheat site to a member of the moderation team who will in turn pass the information on to Valve. A complete list of forum moderators may be found here. When reporting a cheat-site, or specific cheat binaries, please attempt to provide as much detail as possible.

That's what I've been trying to do.
Last edited by otreblA_SNAKE_ITA; Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:40am
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Forcen Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:42am 
Here are some other ways to report cheats: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8830-EOBN-8013

Good job on reporting cheats.
otreblA_SNAKE_ITA Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:52am 
Ooh thank you very much! I'll contact them!
Even better than a moderator! Thanks! :D
Last edited by otreblA_SNAKE_ITA; Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:53am
Forcen Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:53am 
Maybe the sticky needs to be updated a bit.
Last edited by Forcen; Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:54am
K.A.R.R. Mar 28, 2014 @ 6:53am 
You could just open a support ticket and put all the details in there.
otreblA_SNAKE_ITA Mar 28, 2014 @ 7:21am 
Never mind, I'll follow Forcen's suggestions!

Anyway I thought to open a support ticket, but before doing it I searched in the Steam site and since in the "vademecum" for reporting cheats and sites there was written to contact an admin, I tried following those guidelines.

Damn, one shouldn't trust the official site? What the hell!
otreblA_SNAKE_ITA Mar 31, 2014 @ 9:09am 
Hi all, is normal that my forum account is still inactive? Its three or four days I've registered the Steam forums and I'm still waiting for the activation from an admin!

I've received the first email and confirmed my account and yes, I've controlled my spam inbox too :)
Last edited by otreblA_SNAKE_ITA; Mar 31, 2014 @ 9:09am
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:39am