Snufferpuff Mar 19 @ 9:20pm
Refunding?
I recently bought CS:GO and 2 days after i was VAC Banned even though i never used a hack or cheat! I've emailed them and such and they say it is permanent, and that the ban was for a reason. (Even though i never hacked!)

If there is a way to refund something please let me know... Valve is just stupid for this... never buying a game from them again.

.....Edit
Also when i recieved the email saying they confirmed my ban was for a reason, whatever hack or cheat they think i could have possibly had was not stated!

Could it have been from a virus? I just scanned and had 8 viruses that i just cleared out. Please i wanna play this game i watch streams of it ):
Last edited by Snufferpuff; Mar 19 @ 10:47pm
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
WhereIsBusmin Mar 19 @ 9:38pm 
Originally posted by Snufferpuff:
I recently bought CS:GO and 2 days after i was VAC Banned even though i never used a hack or cheat! I've emailed them and such and they say it is permanent, and that the ban was for a reason. (Even though i never hacked!)

If there is a way to refund something please let me know... Valve is just stupid for this... never buying a game from them again.

You cannot get a refund in this case. Valve has a pretty clear "no refund" refund policy, and even though they will grant them on a case-by-case basis, the fact that you've put play time into the game in question (let alone having received a VAC ban for it) will certainly eliminate you from any sort of refund eligibility.

Information: Steam Support > Steam Refund Policy

Steam Refund Policy
As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges on games, DLC or in-game items purchased on our website or through the Steam Client. Please review Section 3 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information.

Steam Subscriber Agreement
Steam Subscriber Agreement

An exception is made for games purchased during a pre-order period if the request is received prior to the games' release date.
Last edited by WhereIsBusmin; Mar 19 @ 9:40pm
Ineffable Anathema Mar 19 @ 9:42pm 
This post ... I'm just speechless.

That's like smuggling a burger and fries into a movie theater, getting caught with them, and trying to get a ticket refund before you're tossed out.
facedown Mar 19 @ 9:48pm 
LOL, what a joke. Buys a game, gets banned for cheating, wants a refund. This is funny as hell.

The VAC ban is not a mistake. You have a cheat on your computer. I have no idea if you used it in game but an actvie cheat while in a VAC server caused this.
Last edited by facedown; Mar 19 @ 9:50pm
Snufferpuff Mar 19 @ 10:28pm 
Guys i swear i didn't cheat! I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM! yet they say they have proof of me cheating ): w/e. i'm just done w/ Valve. Always liked them until now. What is my kd or anything on that game .2?
And as for a cheat on my computer, NO. Why would I have a cheat? Oh well what's done is done i'm fu**ed :L i was atleast hoping for some kind of not-so-negative comment from the steam community. Obviously a bunch of pricks.
Last edited by Snufferpuff; Mar 19 @ 10:46pm
WhereIsBusmin Mar 19 @ 11:09pm 
[....]

.....Edit
Also when i recieved the email saying they confirmed my ban was for a reason, whatever hack or cheat they think i could have possibly had was not stated!

Could it have been from a virus? I just scanned and had 8 viruses that i just cleared out. Please i wanna play this game i watch streams of it ):

Valve will not disclose the details on which "hack(s)" (cheats) were detected, when they were detected, or how as this information would be useful in developing the next version of the cheat.

As for a virus causing this? Unlikely. VAC only bans for know cheats and modified game .exe and .dll files.

Additional information: http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/882959527688934488/
Snufferpuff Mar 19 @ 11:11pm 
Originally posted by WhereIsBusmin:
[....]

.....Edit

Valve will not disclose the details on which "hack(s)" (cheats) were detected, when they were detected, or how as this information would be useful in developing the next version of the cheat.

As for a virus causing this? Unlikely. VAC only bans for know cheats and modified game .exe and .dll files.

Additional information: http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/882959527688934488/
Alright well thanks for the information. I guess something on my computer must have been bad, i have no idea what though.
Looks like i'll have to stick to games like League of Legends instead of FPS :L
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 19 @ 9:20pm