MakeaManoutofYou Mar 19, 2014 @ 5:24pm
what does it mean to get vac ban?
what happens is it you cant play multiplayer games is it you cant talk to your friends both?
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Suldok Mar 19, 2014 @ 5:26pm 
You can't play on VAC-secured servers on the game that you get banned on.
MakeaManoutofYou Mar 19, 2014 @ 5:29pm 
ok now this is a very stupid question but does it work like copyright strikes where you have warnings or is it just instant vac ban?
Suldok Mar 19, 2014 @ 5:30pm 
Originally posted by Z dragon killah:
ok now this is a very stupid question but does it work like copyright strikes where you have warnings or is it just instant vac ban?

If you cheat, you get VAC ban straight away - no strikes.
MakeaManoutofYou Mar 19, 2014 @ 5:35pm 
and whats the delay for a vac ban i heard it takes a few days a few weeks
Suldok Mar 19, 2014 @ 5:37pm 

I don't know how long it takes... sorry.
MakeaManoutofYou Mar 19, 2014 @ 5:45pm 
ok thank you
ChaosBahamut Mar 19, 2014 @ 5:58pm 

It's random.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Mar 20, 2014 @ 5:53am 
VAC it means if you cheating or hacking in protected server and players reported you, you shall get VAC ban (aka Valve Anti Cheat) Its perm ban, you cant join protected server but you can join server if is not protected so what? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MakeaManoutofYou Mar 20, 2014 @ 6:00am 
so say a friend leaves cheat engine on by accident after playing a game that isnt vac related at all its only if he properly cheats in a vac game using cheat engine or does just leaving it on count?
Ericrct Mar 20, 2014 @ 6:01am 
If you cheat vac notices and bans your account in a random delay. For security reasons valve does not reveal the delay time. The best we can do is a guess. It can be about a few days to a month is my best guess.
MakeaManoutofYou Mar 20, 2014 @ 6:03am 
but is vac striped to the point to where just leaving cheat engine on gets you a delayed ban or is it if you put on say no clip or fly what i mean by that is if you properly use it right and add a cheat in but just leaving it on isnt ban worthy?
Last edited by MakeaManoutofYou; Mar 20, 2014 @ 6:03am
Dark Ace Mar 20, 2014 @ 6:07am 
but is vac striped to the point to where just leaving cheat engine on gets you a delayed ban or is it if you put on say no clip or fly what i mean by that is if you properly use it right and add a cheat in but just leaving it on isnt ban worthy?

Hard to understand what you are saying there. If you have cheat on your computer and use is on a VAC sercured server, you will get ban eventually.
So remember to remove or turn off the cheats
Last edited by Dark Ace; Mar 20, 2014 @ 6:07am
MakeaManoutofYou Mar 20, 2014 @ 6:08am 
ok...
tanuki Mar 20, 2014 @ 6:56am 
Being banned from games such as Team Fortress 2 for cheating with hacks such as ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ will cause you to get banned from ALL Source engine games like Half-Life 2 MultiPlayer mods, CounterStrike: Source and others as well. This is also extends to Chivalry: Medevil Warfare. You will NOT be banned from Portal 2 however, which is a relief. This won't ban you from GoldSource games, which are the older Valve games. Getting a VAC ban on there would ban you from the GoldSource, but not the recent Source engine.
Ineffable Anathema Mar 20, 2014 @ 8:02am 
so say a friend leaves cheat engine on by accident after playing a game that isnt vac related at all its only if he properly cheats in a vac game using cheat engine or does just leaving it on count?

If you leave a cheat engine on and you connect to a VAC protected server, you're pretty much begging for a ban.

Frankly, it's not worth the risk even having the thing installed on your computer. Get rid of the cheats before it happens. That's the only way to be safe.
Last edited by Ineffable Anathema; Mar 20, 2014 @ 8:04am
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 19, 2014 @ 5:24pm