DAPWNER95 Mar 16 @ 10:01am
Admin Imposter?
IDK why but a few weeks ago i got this msg saying from an Admin that i should read the vac rules, i had to log into my steam account on the webpage, so i did so, the admin gave a link, and i accidentsally closed the link, i viewed a topic about VAC and-wait-earlier i had this msg from the admin that if i dont view the VAC rules within 5 hours i will get banned from my steam account, so then i freaked out, i read the VAC rules and stayed up past midnight to see what would happen-yes i stayed up until 5:00 A.M-so i told my friend "it was either a false alarm, or i read the right page. You guys heard anything like that?
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Silicon Vampire Mar 16 @ 11:32am 
It was only a phishing attempt. Valve does not use the chat system for anything to do with support or VAC.
ColdSun Mar 16 @ 12:01pm 
Originally posted by DAPWNER95:
i had to log into my steam account on the webpage
Are you sure you were on an official webpage? It sounds like you may of already been phished.
DAPWNER95 Mar 16 @ 12:20pm 
Originally posted by ColdSun:
i had to log into my steam account on the webpage
Are you sure you were on an official webpage? It sounds like you may of already been phished.
yes, it WAS the offical steam webpage
ColdSun Mar 16 @ 12:21pm 
Then you're fine. It was likely just a phising attempt as Silicon Vampire stated.
Silicon Vampire Mar 16 @ 1:26pm 
"saying from an Admin that i should read the vac rules, i had to log into my steam account on the webpage, so i did so"

This concerns me. i am doubtful the page was legit.
DAPWNER95 Mar 16 @ 1:29pm 
it was legitimate
Ericrct Mar 16 @ 1:34pm 
It may have been a page set up to look like steams offical site. But yeah this was a phising attempt. Check through your history and make sure the site was on "steampowered.com" That is the offical steam site. If it was, you are all good, just block the person that messaged you. If not, change your password immediatley, and if you havent already, enable steam guard.
Last edited by Ericrct; Mar 16 @ 1:35pm
DAPWNER95 Mar 16 @ 3:50pm 
it was store.steampowered.com, so yeah
btw i cant contact the person i lost him
Ericrct Mar 16 @ 4:04pm 
You don't need to contact him, just block him.
DAPWNER95 Mar 16 @ 4:58pm 
what my friend told me is that the guy probably just changed his name to admin.
DAPWNER95 Mar 16 @ 4:58pm 
i guess the guy was just searching random players and phising them, btw what does that mean? phising:P
ColdSun Mar 16 @ 5:51pm 
phising is like fishing. You are baiting people to bite, so you can catch them (their data).
Lambert Mar 16 @ 6:08pm 

Just saying, a lot of phising links use something to look convincing like store.steammpowered (2 m's) that fool you. I've seen a lot of i. If you are SURE it was legit, no need to worry. I'd change my password just in case though.
twitch.tv/boomytwitch Mar 16 @ 6:48pm 
i guess the guy was just searching random players and phising them, btw what does that mean? phising:P

Trying to steal your account.
DAPWNER95 Mar 17 @ 3:57am 
Originally posted by Boomy:

Trying to steal your account.
thx, but yeah the web[age was legit, it was store.steampowered.com
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 16 @ 10:01am