»»Rafael Feb 9 @ 10:31pm
I'm trying to help a friend.
As the title above says, i'm trying to help my friend that got ban vac because he borrowed he's cs:go on family share... i was wondering if its right, because there no place saying that we can be baned or VAC baned because of a family share using ilegal programs...

He's so sad about it, because he never cheated on he's life and now he got a VAC ban for someone else fault...

I'm sorry about my english, but i'm from brazil and i don't speak english very well, i hope you all understand what i'm saying here, he tryed to contact suport steam but i belive that he will not be helped :(

Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
AK87 Feb 9 @ 10:39pm 
its in the faq maybe u want to reread it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3784-QLBM-5731&l=english

Will I be punished for any cheating or fraud conducted by other users while playing my games?

Your Family Sharing privileges may be revoked and your account may even be VAC banned if your library is used by others to conduct cheating or fraud. We recommend you only authorize familiar Steam Accounts and familiar computers you know to be secure. And as always, never give your password to anyone.
Any game with a VAC ban will not be able to be shared.
Last edited by AK87; Feb 9 @ 10:41pm
[_↓] pyruk Feb 9 @ 10:40pm 
He should get mad at someone in his family then, because they're the ones that abusesd his trust.
»»Rafael Feb 9 @ 10:46pm 
thanks malek, you answer helped me a lot. i din't find the FAQ from family share b4 :(
Bulldogs Feb 10 @ 1:15am 
It would be common sense, even if it wasn't in the FAQ
Flowey the Flower...? (Banned) Feb 10 @ 2:59pm 
It's not in the VAC FAQ, but as Malek has said it's in the SFS FAQ.

All he can do is make the jerk who got him banned buy him another copy for a different account.
Ganger Feb 10 @ 11:55pm 
I believe lots of people shared their accounts on throw away accounts via family sharing just for the sole propose of cheating and only realise later that both accounts can get a ban.
Flowey the Flower...? (Banned) Feb 11 @ 12:02am 
Originally posted by Ganger:
I believe lots of people shared their accounts on throw away accounts via family sharing just for the sole propose of cheating and only realise later that both accounts can get a ban.

That's what happens when you think you've found a loophole in the rules you haven't even taken the time to read
People seems to be never learning... To not SHARE You account to ANYONE. Not even family members since its not excuses and i seeing theses exduses here many time. It wont work.
$ LÖL' Feb 16 @ 4:14am 
VAC ban is permanent u cant delete it!
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 9 @ 10:31pm