Lordzxil Feb 3 @ 2:32pm
CSGO VAC Ban Items
Hi, in my other account, all of my CSGO items have been deleted. Some of them were worth a lot and I had items worth hundreds including at least 8 dreamhack cases that I bought. Does getting banned also delete your bought items? Because that's just unfair if you spend hundreds on items and they all get deleted. If you do, in real life, do you also kill someone because they stole a loaf of bread? Thank you for your light minded responses and not pure and utter stupidity.
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
MaLeK Feb 3 @ 2:38pm 
its something "new" not so new anymore steam started doing to be proactive beyond the silly vac ban which is delayed that much it sucks before it bans but it adds an extra intermidation method so that u also lose your items in that specific game u cheated in. i know this is how it is for tf2 and cs:go regarding other games i dont know.. but none the less i think its nice everything valve can throw at punishment toward cheating is Okay with me :)
Gareth Feb 3 @ 2:41pm 
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4044-QDHJ-5691

Where did my items in Team Fortress 2 go?!

Upon receiving a VAC ban for either Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, or Half-Life 2: Deathmatch your items from Team Fortress 2 will be removed except any items that have been purchased.

Serves you right btw.
BOOMY Feb 3 @ 2:43pm 
You know what else is unfair? Playing against cheaters, I'd know my team and I had to play against a blatant cheater just last night.
The Milkman Conspiracy (banned) Feb 3 @ 2:44pm 
Did you buy or trade for them? Because if you traded for them, it doesn't count as 'buying' and they go poof anyway.
MaLeK Feb 3 @ 2:49pm 
Originally posted by Boomy:
You know what else is unfair? Playing against cheaters, I'd know my team and I had to play against a blatant cheater just last night.

+1 i was just about to write the exact same :P

Lordzxil Feb 3 @ 3:22pm 
FYI, I was cheating because right after the winter sale there was a blatant cheater on the other team every game and my rank kept going donw and it was un fair. DO you think I'd be so stupid as to cheat on my main account that's worth around $2000 for no reason? Anyway, I bought them, as in, paid for them on the market.

Satoru Feb 3 @ 3:25pm 
Originally posted by Lordzxil:
FYI, I was cheating because right after the winter sale there was a blatant cheater on the other team every game and my rank kept going donw and it was un fair.

Saying other people cheat maens you can cheat is not a compelling argument. You cheatd. You ruined the experience of others. You should be banned. Period. VAC bans ACTIONS not INTENTIONS.

DO you think I'd be so stupid as to cheat on my main account that's worth around $2000 for no reason? Anyway, I bought them, as in, paid for them on the market.

You're banned so apparently you ARE that stupid.

Market items are not 'purchases'

Only stuff FROM THE STORE ITSELF counts as a 'purchase'
The Milkman Conspiracy (banned) Feb 3 @ 3:26pm 
FYI, I was cheating because right after the winter sale there was a blatant cheater on the other team every game and my rank kept going donw and it was un fair. DO you think I'd be so stupid as to cheat on my main account that's worth around $2000 for no reason? Anyway, I bought them, as in, paid for them on the market.

Hmm, maybe items bought on the market don't count as 'paid for' if they were randomly dropped by other users.

But if you think that "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" is an excuse to become part of the problem, then frankly you deserve it, both the ban and the loss of items.
Satoru Feb 3 @ 3:31pm 
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/648817377449070268/

Here's a tip. crossposting from your 'alt' still counts as a repost of a locked topic

BTW how's that class action lawsuit going? Yeah exactly

You cheated. You're banned. Your items are gone. If you expet anyone to 'feel sorry' for you you're on the wrong planet. Justify your cheating all you want.

ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES
Lordzxil Feb 3 @ 3:32pm 
LISTEN, I have seen you bash people on both mine and other people's discussions over and over. I am asking a simple question which I don't need you to answer since you don't know what you're talking about,

Originally posted by Satoru:
FYI, I was cheating because right after the winter sale there was a blatant cheater on the other team every game and my rank kept going donw and it was un fair.

Saying other people cheat maens you can cheat is not a compelling argument. You cheatd. You ruined the experience of others. You should be banned. Period. VAC bans ACTIONS not INTENTIONS.

DO you think I'd be so stupid as to cheat on my main account that's worth around $2000 for no reason? Anyway, I bought them, as in, paid for them on the market.

You're banned so apparently you ARE that stupid.

Market items are not 'purchases'

Only stuff FROM THE STORE ITSELF counts as a 'purchase'

I had purchased items from both the in game store and the market and they've all disappeared and it's talking about "ITEMS" "PURCHASED". Not specifically from the store, but the items you paid for. Also, it's talking about items and not other games, etc.
Satoru Feb 3 @ 3:35pm 
LISTEN, I have seen you bash people on both mine and other people's discussions over and over. I am asking a simple question which I don't need you to answer since you don't know what you're talking about, so maybe you should FU(K OFF, alright? You're ♥♥♥♥ing me off now.

Sorry if THE TRUTH HURTS.

But that's YOUR fault for cheating. Not VAC. Not Steam.

YOURS.

Again others can judge you by your actions.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/648817377449070268/

Your actions are quite clear. Your whining is quite clear. Your cheating is quite clear.

If you expect people to CARE. Then no. They wont.

I had purchased items from both the in game store and the market and they've all disappeared and it's talking about "ITEMS" "PURCHASED". Not specifically from the store, but the items you paid for. Also, it's talking about items and not other games, etc.

And again games from the CS:GO store itself are retained like keys. Everythign else gets wiped. Market items don't count to 'purchases'. They don't count in TF2 either. Otherwise you could simply scrub an cheating account by fencing items constantly on the market.

Where did my items in Team Fortress 2 go?!

Upon receiving a VAC ban for either Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, or Half-Life 2: Deathmatch your items from Team Fortress 2 will be removed except any items that have been purchased.
Lordzxil Feb 3 @ 3:38pm 
And like I said, leave. You're annoying and you bash at everyone even though you don't know ♥♥♥♥ about their situation. If you're a mod, you're the ♥♥♥♥iest mod I've ever seen. And this isn't a repost, this is asking a completely different question. Now once again, please leave. I don't want you here, you have no repect for others and most of your leaglity ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ wouldn't fly in Canada. The only reason it does is because no one has challanged it yet. And on top of that, you seem to think that SAYING CHEATING HURTS AND WE SHOULD TAKE AWAY EVERYTHING FROM YOU BECAUSE OF IT IN CAPS WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING. Such a ♥♥♥♥ing typical American.

LISTEN, I have seen you bash people on both mine and other people's discussions over and over. I am asking a simple question which I don't need you to answer since you don't know what you're talking about, so maybe you should FU(K OFF, alright? You're ♥♥♥♥ing me off now.

Sorry if THE TRUTH HURTS. But that's YOUR fault for cheating. Not VAC. Not Steam. YOURS.

And again games from the CS:GO store itself are retained like keys. Everythign else gets wiped. Market items don't count to 'purchases'. They don't count in TF2 either.
The Milkman Conspiracy (banned) Feb 3 @ 3:39pm 
And again games from the CS:GO store itself are retained like keys. Everythign else gets wiped. Market items don't count to 'purchases'. They don't count in TF2 either.

I thought items that were bought and items dropped randomly were marked accordingly so the game knows the difference, even if they exchange ownership between users? (It's also worth noting that some content simply can't be obtained other than by paying for it or trading from someone who paid for it)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really that fussed since I have no intention of cheating, I'm just wondering if there could be legal ramifications for this kind of direct confiscation of paid for content, regardless of where it was obtained from.

Edit:
Snip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI
Satoru Feb 3 @ 3:42pm 
And like I said, leave. You're annoying and you bash at everyone even though you don't know ♥♥♥♥ about their situation. If you're a mod, you're the ♥♥♥♥iest mod I've ever seen. And this isn't a repost, this is asking a completely different question. Now once again, please leave. I don't want you here, you have no repect for others and most of your leaglity ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ wouldn't fly in Canada.

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

Read it because you have NO idea about what it is legal.

Xbox live will OBLITERATE all your paid DLC, any XBLA or XBIG games, and your subscription on a ban. You can be banned for putting "1500MSP for tutorial" in your profile. That solicitation action alone is a perma-ban offense where you 'lose all paid content'.

How odd Microsoft is not beign sued out of existence in Canada? Hmmm???????

SAYING CHEATING HURTS AND WE SHOULD TAKE AWAY EVERYTHING FROM YOU BECAUSE OF IT IN CAPS WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING.

Yes that's what VAC says. You don't have to LIKE it. But that's the policy. Suck it up.

Such a ♥♥♥♥ing typical American.

I'm from Toronto you racist ignorant jackass. Canada isn't immune from stupidity, as you aptly show.
counterfloh Feb 3 @ 3:46pm 
Originally posted by The Milkman Conspiracy:

I thought items that were bought and items dropped randomly were marked accordingly so the game knows the difference, even if they exchange ownership between users? (It's also worth noting that some content simply can't be obtained other than by paying for it or trading from someone who paid for it)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really that fussed since I have no intention of cheating, I'm just wondering if there could be legal ramifications for this kind of direct confiscation of paid for content, regardless of where it was obtained from.

I'm not exactely versed in legal maters, but I'd say it's a rather save bet that Valve would not have implemented a system like that without having consulted lawyers beforehand. I'd like to know more about it though, it is an interesting topic.

Also, is it just me or are caught cheaters throwing around way more insults recently? Quite funny really, breaking the rules, ♥♥♥♥ting on others and THEN having a tantrum and feeling treated unfairly after beeing caught. Now where is that baby bottle when you need it...

edit: and now he is banned here too. What a surprise.
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 3 @ 2:32pm