Drex Feb 2 @ 10:55pm
Control the Cheaters!
Hello!
In many games we face cheaters and it's never a pleasant surprise when they arrive to ruin the gameplay... So I've been thinking, why not host a server for cheaters to play at, where cheating is allowed. In that case many cheaters had already been taken care of, as they are on the cheat server and not playing with those who doesn't use cheats.
But then you might think "what about those who enters just to try it out, then leave to use it on a regular server?"
Well, once a player enters a cheat-server, their Steam ID will be registered by VAC, and as soon as this ID enter a VAC protected server, VAC will check if the player is cheating.

This will not only approve our gameplay by clearing out some of the cheaters, it will also make VAC more efficient by running a "known-cheater register"

This is just an idea, but please rate and and reply what you think of it, good and bad, to make it as efficient as possible - and lets hope Valve takes a look at this thread as well.

Good luck and have fun
//Drex.


Tags: Cheaters, VAC, Steam ID, Cheat Server.
Last edited by Drex; Feb 2 @ 11:12pm
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
One of Us, One of Us!!!!! Feb 2 @ 10:56pm 
Aint gonna happen.
Drex Feb 2 @ 11:09pm 
@Pearly White Pointer: Okey. could you please tell me why, and if you have any ideas of making it happen?
One of Us, One of Us!!!!! Feb 2 @ 11:33pm 
valve hates cheaters viciously. They unfortunatley won't promote it at all. I understand your point but valve does not. they have a zero tollerance on online cheating. I only cheat in singleplayer. I say stick to cheating in singleplayer and avoid the bans.
Last edited by One of Us, One of Us!!!!!; Feb 3 @ 1:59am
L-r | Canti Feb 2 @ 11:35pm 
Because it's not right to tempt people into joining an officially endorsed cheating server, only to capture their details and increase monitoring on them.

Also, cheaters cheat so that they can show off and make themselves look like better players than they actually are. Why would they join a whole server of people who not only know they are cheating, but are also cheating themselves?

Lastly, there are already servers out there with VAC disabled, so they will just go and play there.
(SOGA) SouthernBoy Feb 3 @ 7:11am 
This is like a state who have laws against ♥♥♥♥ and murder, saying to the rest of it's citizens, we are going raise taxes on you, to built a city where ♥♥♥♥ and murder is allow and that you, the citizens must paid to keep it up and maintain all cost of such. Also that all laws of the land are void in this city and etc, do you really think that this is going to happen ? That anyone can enter and kill and ♥♥♥♥ and they can leave to do secretly to the rest of the people. Not a good idea period and makes a joke of the laws and the good people who abides by them. Sorry, well I am not sorry, but a big thumb down, no dam way.
Last edited by (SOGA) SouthernBoy; Feb 3 @ 7:36am
Satoru Feb 3 @ 7:14am 
Even in whitehack hacking a honeypot server is a morally grey area. It would hardly make any sesne to do it with VAC. IT's not like VAC doesn't know what the 'big' cheating programs are so it's not really relevant to try to trick them into a honeypot.
-Eaten- Feb 3 @ 4:20pm 
It would never work because cheaters wouldn't play on cheat servers. Cheaters and hackers want to play with regular players so they can beat them easier and ♥♥♥♥ them off. That's the sole purpose of cheating. Cheater shouldn't be rewarded by getting their own server. VAC banning doesn't mean ♥♥♥♥ either. What needs to be done is fight those ♥♥♥♥ers with lethal prejudice. Instead of getting banned, your computer gets a virus that disables it for a year. I'm also in favor of giving out cheaters/hackers home address and phone number and letting the People mete out justice. I'm sure 100 people calling and harassing a cheater and his/her family and making death threats will be enough to scare any cheater straight and prevent future cheating. Hell, i'd even settle for medieval justice: first time caught cheating, you lose an eye.
One of Us, One of Us!!!!! Feb 3 @ 4:28pm 
Originally posted by -Eaten-:
It would never work because cheaters wouldn't play on cheat servers. Cheaters and hackers want to play with regular players so they can beat them easier and ♥♥♥♥ them off. That's the sole purpose of cheating. Cheater shouldn't be rewarded by getting their own server. VAC banning doesn't mean ♥♥♥♥ either. What needs to be done is fight those ♥♥♥♥ers with lethal prejudice. Instead of getting banned, your computer gets a virus that disables it for a year. I'm also in favor of giving out cheaters/hackers home address and phone number and letting the People mete out justice. I'm sure 100 people calling and harassing a cheater and his/her family and making death threats will be enough to scare any cheater straight and prevent future cheating. Hell, i'd even settle for medieval justice: first time caught cheating, you lose an eye.
Or the online cheater can be drawn and quartered??
One of Us, One of Us!!!!! Feb 3 @ 4:35pm 
Personally Online cheaters Disgust me. I'll admit to cheating in SINGLEPLAYER for practice without humiliating defeat. I hope anyone that visit's sites for hacks for online cheating gets a trojan + keylogger and has their banking details stolen. That will teach them!!!!
L-r | Canti Feb 3 @ 10:50pm 
Originally posted by Pearly White Pointer:
I hope anyone that visit's sites for hacks for online cheating gets a trojan + keylogger and has their banking details stolen. That will teach them!!!!
This happens on a daily basis.
Cpt. Darling Feb 4 @ 2:30am 
Originally posted by Sergeant Drex:
@Pearly White Pointer: Okey. could you please tell me why, and if you have any ideas of making it happen?

People cheat for 2 reasons, mainly because they can't play for ♥♥♥♥ and cant deal with losing so they want to have an advantage over others. And to watch people rage.

If they knew everyone was a cheater well then everyone would be at the same level so it woulnt reallt be cheating.
-Eaten- Feb 4 @ 3:04pm 
Originally posted by Pearly White Pointer:
Personally Online cheaters Disgust me. I'll admit to cheating in SINGLEPLAYER for practice without humiliating defeat. I hope anyone that visit's sites for hacks for online cheating gets a trojan + keylogger and has their banking details stolen. That will teach them!!!!

I think plenty of people cheat in singleplayer games.
Cpt. Darling Feb 4 @ 10:33pm 
Originally posted by -Eaten-:
I think plenty of people cheat in singleplayer games.

Everyone has done, most just get bored of the game a couple of hours later. That's why I don't understand these hackers that have 100s of hours in games. What are they thinking? Do they just play to perpetuate the illusion they are good at the game? Whatever it is, the idea of playing a game for 100sof hours that you just can't lose seems very boring to me.
The Milkman Conspiracy (Banned) Feb 5 @ 1:13am 
Originally posted by Ozi:
Originally posted by -Eaten-:
I think plenty of people cheat in singleplayer games.

Everyone has done, most just get bored of the game a couple of hours later. That's why I don't understand these hackers that have 100s of hours in games. What are they thinking? Do they just play to perpetuate the illusion they are good at the game? Whatever it is, the idea of playing a game for 100sof hours that you just can't lose seems very boring to me.

Like you said in another post, plenty do it not because they want to delude themselves into thinking they're any good, but to ♥♥♥♥ others off. Hell, there are even threads with people saying "I was so sick of the cheaters I decided to cheat myself so I could be on par" (yes, really, and no, I'm not saying becoming part of the problem out of spite is acceptable). You'd be surprised, but it can actually be quite a vicious circle.

Also, while I haven't seen any actual threads, some people just get ♥♥♥♥ed off with the vile community (e.g. in my experience of TF2, which is mostly quite friendly, you often run into some ♥♥♥♥♥♥ who's either screaming at his team for not knowing every meta-game tactic or spamming "GET ♥♥♥♥ NUB" every time he gets a kill on a public server running an easy map), and decide they're going to "get back" at them by cheating, not giving a ♥♥♥♥ that they'll be banned since they were planning to ditch it anyway (again, not saying that's an excuse).
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 2 @ 10:55pm
Posts: 14