Aceton Feb 2 @ 10:21am
CS GO Vac ban
Hello, I just want to say something about this steam support thing....
So, couple of months ago my account got hacked. First thing I did was to write to steam support for help. While waiting for help, I was looking at my account on steam page to check if this hacker won't do anythign bad to my account. 1 week after hacked account report i sent, I'VE SEEN CS : GO BAN ON MY PROFILE SITE. I was furious. 1 week after ban, steam wrote to me about hacked account and they gave it back to me... so,
I GOT STEAM BAN BECAUSE STEAM DIDN'T RESPOND FAST ENOUGH!
I know that there is nothing I can do about it, but I just wanted to tell you my story...
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
$ʎN Feb 2 @ 10:24am 
Sounds unfortunate, I actually know a guy with the same story.
Steam and VAC are fairly unrelaible with things like compassion and understand, so they likely won't even listen to you.
Aceton Feb 2 @ 10:24am 
Something like, ♥♥♥♥ happens right? :P
piruk00es Feb 2 @ 10:26am 
If it's any consolation, they would've gotten you banned in the first 5 minutes of having your account if that was their intention-simply jumping into a game on your account on a PC with hacks installed would've triggered the delayed ban. So it has nothing to do with steam responding too slowly.
Aceton Feb 2 @ 10:28am 
Yes it has, I was checking my account everyday. The Hacker was playing my games, until I got my account back... well, until he got ban on my acc... These type of people are just ♥♥♥♥♥... They steal accounts to hack and get bans for good players! I have my account since 2007, and I NEVER USED CHEATS.
Aceton Feb 2 @ 10:31am 
Originally posted by piruk00es:
If it's any consolation, they would've gotten you banned in the first 5 minutes of having your account if that was their intention-simply jumping into a game on your account on a PC with hacks installed would've triggered the delayed ban. So it has nothing to do with steam responding too slowly.

Actually while sending report, I got message that they have a lot of questions and they are busy...
I AM SHODAN! Feb 2 @ 10:34am 
Originally posted by Unreal38:
Yes it has, I was checking my account everyday. The Hacker was playing my games, until I got my account back... well, until he got ban on my acc... These type of people are just ♥♥♥♥♥... They steal accounts to hack and get bans for good players! I have my account since 2007, and I NEVER USED CHEATS.

You don't understand what Piruk00es has said. VAC will delay banning cheaters it detects, so if it detected a cheat the moment the hijacker took over the account it could still have taken days or even weeks until the ban "took effect". Your checking it daily does not affect whether or not VAC DETECTED a hack on your account at any point, even if no ban had yet been applied it still had the information. Do you get it now?
dεjaツ sqn Feb 2 @ 11:04am 
true.
BOOMY Feb 2 @ 11:20am 
Originally posted by I AM SHODAN!:
Originally posted by Unreal38:

You don't understand what Piruk00es has said. VAC will delay banning cheaters it detects, so if it detected a cheat the moment the hijacker took over the account it could still have taken days or even weeks until the ban "took effect". Your checking it daily does not affect whether or not VAC DETECTED a hack on your account at any point, even if no ban had yet been applied it still had the information. Do you get it now?

Very true, even if support got your account back within an hour the damage could of already been done. All it takes is jumping into a secure server with cheats (NOT from experience, just common sense) and the account is doomed.
(SOGA) SouthernBoy Feb 2 @ 1:35pm 
All you can do is contact Steam support and once viladated tho it will not be removed, I feel for your situation, and understand it, but this is the policy of Valve/Steam.

(just want to say that I Am Shodan and Boomy did a great job at given information, great job guys, this may be off topic but they deserve it.)
Buddhist_Gamer70 Feb 2 @ 2:58pm 
can a steam account get hacked, when they need to also have your email password also in order to login when using steamguard? i personally cannot login to my account without having a pin from my email. Just asking.
facedown Feb 2 @ 4:06pm 
Most of these guys get phished, which is a form of hacking.
FFL2and3rocks Feb 2 @ 5:26pm 
Originally posted by Buddhist_Gamer70:
can a steam account get hacked, when they need to also have your email password also in order to login when using steamguard? i personally cannot login to my account without having a pin from my email. Just asking.

They don't need your email password if they can trick you into entering your username, password, and steamguard code into their fake phishing website.

Originally posted by facedown:
Most of these guys get phished, which is a form of hacking.

Tricking people into giving their account info away isn't hacking.
facedown Feb 2 @ 6:55pm 
Originally posted by FFL2and3rocks:

Tricking people into giving their account info away isn't hacking.

Actually it is hacking. Most hacking used to be be guessing login information. Sometimes it would involve collecting information about people to help guess passwords or gain access to accounts. Then it progressed to programs that try to guess passwords. Most of those methods no longer work. Phishing is certainly hacking. I hope you don't think hacking is cheating at video games? That is not hacking at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_(computer_security)
Muppet among Puppets Feb 2 @ 11:49pm 
Originally posted by facedown:
Phishing is certainly hacking.
Source?
I thought, phishing is phishing.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 2 @ 10:21am