MZAAZM 29 jan. 2014 às 18:34
Vac ban
Can someone help me. I had tried logging into my account some time ago but couldn't. Email and pw and name and everything had been changed. I got help from someone on steam to recover my account which took alot of effort to prove I was the owner.

There was hundreds of hours played on counterstrike by whoever stole my identity.

I dont play much so few days ago I logged on and noticed somethign call Vac Ban happened about a year ago. I have been buying games on humble bundles and steam and had no idea that this could prevent me from playing online.

Can I get some help understanding what to do. Thank you.
Última alteração por MZAAZM; 29 jan. 2014 às 18:34
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 17 comentários
(SOGA) SouthernBoy 29 jan. 2014 às 18:38 
Man/Lady, I understand and feel for your situation but your account is your responsibllity, so if it has and or does not have a ban on it there is nothing Steam can/could do to help. I suggest that you seek help with your IP and maybe even your local law enforcement to find and lievee actions to the one(s) who have done this to you. GL

You may contact Steam support (remember do not give any information reguarding user and password to no one)
Última alteração por (SOGA) SouthernBoy; 31 jan. 2014 às 12:33
MZAAZM 29 jan. 2014 às 18:42 
i moved since then so new ip and offcourse pw and information I have changed since then. Is there anything I can do about the games I have gotten since I recovered my account? and I bought a game yesterday, can I get refund on that? Sorry I dont really know what else to do since I knew nothing about this and who ever helped me recover my account didn't tell me about this either.

edit: I dont know how my account got stolen either. I have never given my pw or info to anyone so thats why I even more confused as how it happened
Última alteração por MZAAZM; 29 jan. 2014 às 18:50
(SOGA) SouthernBoy 29 jan. 2014 às 18:48 
Originalmente postado por MZAAZM:
i moved since then so new ip and offcourse pw and information I have changed since then. Is there anything I can do about the games I have gotten since I recovered my account? and I bought a game yesterday, can I get refund on that? Sorry I dont really know what else to do since I knew nothing about this and who ever helped me recover my account didn't tell me about this either.

Sorry once a ban on the account has been validated by Steam, all games in the account cannot not be transfer to a new account, but you can still play games that not banned except for certain ones , which is listed in the support information reguarding such and can be found in the pinned thread here. GL (Also no refunds are given for such games, sorry)
Última alteração por (SOGA) SouthernBoy; 31 jan. 2014 às 12:33
MZAAZM 29 jan. 2014 às 18:53 
is there a way for me to speak with someone at steam to at least prove my case. I imagine they can look up my history and see what happened to my account. For example for someone who plays very little to suddenly change name, pw, email, and play hundreds of hours. Sorry to trouble you, I just hoping for some fairness.
(SOGA) SouthernBoy 29 jan. 2014 às 18:56 
is there a way for me to speak with someone at steam to at least prove my case. I imagine they can look up my history and see what happened to my account. For example for someone who plays very little to suddenly change name, pw, email, and play hundreds of hours. Sorry to trouble you, I just hoping for some fairness.

As I have stated, you can contact Steam support, but like I also stated, they will not be able to help more than I said, Sorry and good luck.

You must understand Steam cannot know who and if the person has or has not done anything, but only that the game/account was detected useing a cheat/hack and was detected by VAC, please read such matters reguarding "hijacked accounts". Again GL ( no trouble, just trying to help)
Última alteração por (SOGA) SouthernBoy; 29 jan. 2014 às 19:23
Chara the Explorer 29 jan. 2014 às 19:04 
As has been stated, if someone else cheats with your account, the VAC ban will stick, because the system does not care if it was you or someone else who cheated. It definately sucks that you get punished for losing your account to a hacker, but the alternative is for every cheater to claim that were hacked and want their ban removed. The only thing you can do is make a sub account, buy CS on that and continue playing on VAC servers.
Última alteração por Chara the Explorer; 29 jan. 2014 às 19:04
Dexter 30 jan. 2014 às 0:34 
вообще никак нельзя избавиться от бана?
Gottaburn 30 jan. 2014 às 3:28 
Hah.. they bann all the legit players latelty
Jade 30 jan. 2014 às 4:20 
Originalmente postado por Muppet among Puppets:
Originalmente postado por ^3!^4Kiss^3My^4Trance^3!:
Source?
His imagination.
spoof 30 jan. 2014 às 5:20 
giving a cheater acces to your steam account so he can ruin our fun and probably attempt to hijack the whole friends list is not legit.

with your logic you do not have a VAC ban you must be a cheater :P

76561198080841422 30 jan. 2014 às 7:34 
/sense
Grumpers 30 jan. 2014 às 8:00 
Originalmente postado por spoof:
giving a cheater acces to your steam account so he can ruin our fun and probably attempt to hijack the whole friends list is not legit.

with your logic you do not have a VAC ban you must be a cheater :P

I think he was being sarcastic.

OP, nothing can be done at this point outside of contacting support. They don't allow VAC bans to be removed usually, even in the case of hijacking. If that were so, every hacker would claim they were hijacked.
MZAAZM 30 jan. 2014 às 8:49 
Originalmente postado por Muppet among Puppets:
How many games of you are vac banned?
I don't know, All my account says is it had a vac ban one year ago. I don't know what game it happened on. I am assuming cs source because it has hundreds of hours on it, and doesn't look like any other game was played during the period the account was stolen.
MZAAZM 30 jan. 2014 às 20:31 
Thanks everyone for the information, Wish Something could be done, but I understand from the other prespective that people can then all claim the same thing. I have asked steam as well so not sure if anything can be done on there end. thanks for the responses and information though,
Chara the Explorer 30 jan. 2014 às 20:40 
Thanks everyone for the information, Wish Something could be done, but I understand from the other prespective that people can then all claim the same thing. I have asked steam as well so not sure if anything can be done on there end. thanks for the responses and information though,

No problem, we understand it's a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ situation to be in, especially since you have a permanent brand now.
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 17 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Postado a: 29 jan. 2014 às 18:34
Comentários: 17