abram730 Jun 27, 2014 @ 11:32pm
Just bought a mouse that was on sale and I've got a potential VAC problem.
Hi, my left mouse button was malfunctioning and I happen to see a mouse on sale.

It's a bloody core 3 enabled mouse
The mouse software seems to have macros for reducing recoil. It said nothing about that in the store description.
This is the mouse
http://www.walmart.com/ip/22339622?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=41833582510&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=19880599990&veh=sem

Will I get a VAC ban? I don't cheat so I wouldn't have the software running, but I don't know how VAC works. I did read that it checks IP cache and the software does check for updates.

What do I need to do to avoid a VAC ban? That is do I need to get another mouse and how would I ensure that all of the files are off my PC and that IP cashes are erased.. ext..

I really don't want to get a VAC ban because I bought a mouse. I most certainly don't want to get a VAC ban if I get a new mouse but can't find all of the files the software installed or because it checked for a software update. Also a clean install of Windows would be quite extreme, but is that something I'd need to do?

Is there anybody with actual VAC know-how that can help?

PS: I wish I had gotten home in time to get that mose + gift card deal the other day :(
Last edited by abram730; Jun 27, 2014 @ 11:33pm
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
spoof Jun 28, 2014 @ 12:04am 
a mouse is not going to be detected as a cheat.
Badstormer Jun 28, 2014 @ 12:29am 
Assuming you didn't edit any actual game files, you won't recieve a VAC ban.
spoof Jun 28, 2014 @ 12:30am 
that would not be mouse related but user related lol.
Last edited by spoof; Jun 28, 2014 @ 12:36am
abram730 Jun 28, 2014 @ 3:41am 
People say they've gotten a ban for it and the mouse software says it can get you banned from games. People have also said autoit scripts have gotten them banned(bhop scripts).
abram730 Jun 28, 2014 @ 5:18am 
Thank you. I was worried.

I would also point out that the software isn't helpful. It basicly drags your mouse down for you when you fire and any player worth his salt will do that with his hand. Also it only works for a max of 3 weapon/fire modes and it will lower your skill or prevent you from gainning it.
It could help a noob, but it will keep them as such.

this is a video of what the software does in game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKiIX09EGI4

It's still a nice mouse price to quality. I have it on "core 1", with those things disabled.

I hate cheaters and I just don't want to be branded as one. I don't cheat ever. Well in CIV 4 I did add some resorces to my starting city, but that's it. But that's single player.
Ineffable Anathema Jun 28, 2014 @ 6:19pm 
Originally posted by Companion Cube:
I don't think there's anyone that can truly say they've never used a cheat, read a walkthrough, used a console command, entered a code, or otherwise given themselves a bit of a helping hand in some game at some point in their lives! - Singleplayer

>every single person who ever played Dark Seed.
Last edited by Ineffable Anathema; Jun 28, 2014 @ 6:20pm
TiAMO Jun 29, 2014 @ 8:04pm 
if you dont modif any of games files thats not dettect as cheat
abram730 Jun 30, 2014 @ 1:56am 
Yep, I think I've heard similar things about it - it could perhaps be handy for the disadvantaged in terms of mouse precision or sommething, but just inconvenient and annoying for your average gamer.

I'd think it would be a great help to a person with physical disabilities who couldn't drag the mouse down as they shoot.

Thanks again for your help.

GLaDOS: Area and state regulations do not allow the Companion Cube to remain here, alone and companionless.
Last edited by abram730; Jun 30, 2014 @ 1:56am
Ineffable Anathema Jun 30, 2014 @ 2:24am 
Originally posted by I AM SHODAN!:

>every single person who ever played Dark Seed.

I remember that game, the one that featured the Gieger art?
I never played it, but I really wanted to - thanks for reminding me! I take it from your post it was a difficult game?

The art for its time was awesome but yes that game was ... to put it in a word, impossible. The 'days' were timed and you had to get certain things accomplished within the span of each day, while pixel hunting for incredibly hard to find things at times and solving the sort of illogical "puzzles" that made the King's Quest series such a nightmare. I don't know of anyone who managed to finish it without consulting an FAQ at least once, although it is worth a playthrough should you ever get the chance.
Deadhead Jun 30, 2014 @ 2:13pm 
I have seen people say that mouse is a good. They are junk imo, It will break in 6 months max. First one I owned lasted 2 days, got it replaced and the next one broke 2 months later. You get what you pay for I guess.
Last edited by Deadhead; Jun 30, 2014 @ 2:13pm
Ineffable Anathema Jun 30, 2014 @ 7:39pm 
Originally posted by Deadhead:
I have seen people say that mouse is a good. They are junk imo, It will break in 6 months max. First one I owned lasted 2 days, got it replaced and the next one broke 2 months later. You get what you pay for I guess.

2 Days? What the heck broke on it in two days? O.O
That's some shoddy construction...sheesh.

Don't know what I'd do without my beloved Razer Naga. <3
Satoru Jun 30, 2014 @ 8:01pm 

Not many mice are warrantied against "DOTA2 RAGE QUITS" :)
Ineffable Anathema Jun 30, 2014 @ 8:19pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:

Not many mice are warrantied against "DOTA2 RAGE QUITS" :)

Do they give a wall impact rating on them these days? ^_^
|VN-L| Don Jul 10, 2014 @ 3:49pm 
Has anyone used the bloody software and can you confirm it doesn't vac ban I personally don't know what the 3rd recoil core does idk if it messes with ur files
Duff Jul 11, 2014 @ 9:35am 
"I hate cheaters and I just don't want to be branded as one. I don't cheat ever. Well in CIV 4 I did add some resorces to my starting city, but that's it. But that's single player"

You don't cheat yet you wan't to bypass recoil in games? LOL
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 27, 2014 @ 11:32pm