This topic has been locked
UnluckyMate Aug 30, 2015 @ 6:16am
I never used any Hacks and I got VAC Banned ?
My comp is so bad so I have lag everygame and I never played any comp matches always Casual but 1 day I wanted to play a casual than suddenly I got VAC banned from CS:GO because I have so many ping and lag . How Can I solve this ? :steamsad:
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Seretti Aug 30, 2015 @ 6:27am 
Remove the cheats, create a new account and purchase the game again.

VAC bans are permanent and will not be removed.
Even if you remove you uninstall the cheats you used, they can still be on your computer.
If you reformat, maybe that doesn't even help.
You'll need to buy a new hard drive and possibly operating system or else automatic ban even if you dont cheat

Good luck
ReBoot Aug 30, 2015 @ 6:50am 
Originally posted by s p e c t r e:
Even if you remove you uninstall the cheats you used, they can still be on your computer.
You'll need to buy a new hard drive and possibly operating system or else automatic ban even if you dont cheat

Good luck
Nice fairy tale you got here.
Formatting kills everything.
Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Aug 30, 2015 @ 12:40pm
R6 Aug 30, 2015 @ 7:12am 
Originally posted by ReBoot:
e;527273789696130668]Even if you remove you uninstall the cheats you used, they can still be on your computer.

Good luck

Originally posted by ReBoot:
Nice fairy tale you got here.
Formatting kills everything.

I completely agree with you on what you've said. If you reformat a storage drive, whether it be SSD or HDD will turn the drive into a clean drive as long as it has been completely formatted and wiped properly.

You will still need to reinstall the operating system but as long as you do a clean install of all the programs, O/S and copy files that are in no way related to any hacks/cheats you will be fine using your original hard drive.
Last edited by R6; Aug 30, 2015 @ 7:13am
Star Killer Aug 30, 2015 @ 7:44am 
VAC doesnt even "scan" your hard drive... You can't get banned because you have "installed" cheats on your computer. If you run the cheat thats a different story because the cheat is reading the memory and giving you the output (i dont know exactly how it works)... You can download cheats but dont run them
R6 Aug 30, 2015 @ 11:58am 
Originally posted by Fd.God:
VAC doesnt even "scan" your hard drive... You can't get banned because you have "installed" cheats on your computer. If you run the cheat thats a different story because the cheat is reading the memory and giving you the output (i dont know exactly how it works)... You can download cheats but dont run them

That's true but if you have run the hack and then uninstalled it there may still be some reminants of the hack in the system so it's far better to just do a full wipe if you have been VAC banned and want a new account.

Or easier yet just don't download them in the first place :)
ReBoot Aug 30, 2015 @ 12:04pm 
This is true. Shady software is hard to get rid of and cheats are shady per definitionem.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 30, 2015 @ 6:16am