Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > VAC Discussion > Dettagli della discussione
Valve Anti Cheat. HELP!
Ok so when I try to play on Team Fortress 2, after about 10 minutes of gameplay I will get kicked from the server with the message Something on your computer is blocking the vac system. You cannot play on vac servers.. (no really there are 2 periods). valve says to enable DEP. which i did. It didn't help. it also says to repair steam service. Didn't help. Then it says that its another program running thats interfering. I make sure nothing else is on when I play. I dont know what to do. Please help!
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-14 commenti su 14
From Steam Support:

Enable DEP
Data Execution Prevention (DEP) must be enabled to play on VAC secured servers. To restore DEP settings to default please follow the steps below:
Exit Steam.
Click the Start button, then 'All Programs', and 'Accessories'
Right-click on Command Prompt and click "Run as administrator..."

- Please note if you are running Windows 8 you will need to press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin)

In the command prompt, type the following command and press Enter:

bcdedit.exe /deletevalue nx

Restart your computer.
Launch Steam and test the issue again.
Restart your computer
If this is a problem for you on all servers then you can try fixing this problem by exiting Steam and restarting your computer.
Repair the Steam Service
This may also indicate a Steam Service failure. Please try repairing the Steam Service:
Exit Steam.
Click Start > Run (Windows Key + R)
Type the following command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair

(If you have installed Steam to another path, please replace C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam with the correct path.)

This command requires administrator privileges and may take a few minutes.
Launch Steam and test the issue again.
Conflicting Software
This issue can be caused by third party software interfering with your game or Steam. Please restart your computer, then launch Steam and the game without running any other third party software.
If you read what I had typed out, you would now that I have already tried all of these. Do you have any other suggestions?
Messaggio originale di Breezy Strings ۩≈PoF≈۩:
If you read what I had typed out, you would now that I have already tried all of these. Do you have any other suggestions?

Just out of curiosity have you made sure that you did all that it asked?
Yes each and every thing. (sorry if I sounded rude in that last post)
Yes each and every thing. (sorry if I sounded rude in that last post)

Thats fine, but anyway try restarting your router see if that works at all
Ultima modifica da Caps; 8 lug 2014, ore 21:22
umm... you see, its not exactly my internet. the neighbors are letting me use theirs.
umm... you see, its not exactly my internet. the neighbors are letting me use theirs.

Try going to your libary > Right click on any game that has this problem > Properties > Local Files tab > Verify integrity of game cache
I use Avast Antivirus. The neighbors are aware of the fact that I use there internet. (Its password protected) Every other game I own plays online just fine. The neighbors do not own steam. As for download clients, II have none on this computer. I dont know what a booster client is. Although I have Hamachi Always running. Could that interfear with VAC?
Messaggio originale di Companion Cube:
I do not recommend ever disabling antivirus software, it's basd paractice for anyone to do so
Not always. Disabling it to test if it actually causes the trouble without downloading anything while it's disabled is perfectly safe.
I verified integrity of game cache. It didnt help. I will try dissabling Hamchi and avast to test it out.
I dissabled Hamachi and Avast. didnt help.
Ok I found out it WAS Avast. when i said I disabled it before I just opend hamachi and disabled shields. what I had to do was go into task manager and end the service. thank you for your help!
Haha Avast again. I'd never use that darned AV.
Okay I tried playing TF2 again, and the problem has returned. any sugestions? (I dont know if this has any relevence at all, but I noticed the huntsmen is glitched as well)
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-14 commenti su 14
Per pagina: 1530 50

Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > VAC Discussion > Dettagli della discussione
Data di pubblicazione: 8 lug 2014, ore 21:02