Ця тема закрита
Someone tryed to get inside my brother account.
Someone tryed to get inside my account, and I got his IP.
Should I send a e-mail to valve? No, I dont give accounts to anyone...
This "hacker" got the e-mail password too. Isnt that very impossible to happen? Btw, he was deleting all e-mails with the codes for the new PC.
(I'm luck... I just joinned steam and "Logging from a new pc" appeared. lel
He's going to get banned?
(Sorry for bad english. Brazilian topics arent that good....)

EDIT: Already changed all my Passwords. But i'm afraid....
Автор останньої редакції: reni twitch.tv/renivr; 29 лип. 2014 о 8:54
< >
Показані коментарі 18 із 8
You brother likely got phished. They likely got the email because the passwords are the same.

You should

1) Change the passwords on steam and your email. Ensure these passwords are DIFFERENT and NOT REUSED ANYWHERE on the Internet
2) Change your email to hotmail/yahoo/gmail
3) Enable two-factor authetication via Google Authenticator or Authy
4) Link Steam to this new email. and ensure SteamGuard codes go it properly first.
5) Log into Steam and deauthorize all computers. Steam ->Settings->Acount->Manage SteamGuard Access-> Check Deauthorize all other computers now. Note you should really test #4 first THEN do this.

In the future be more mindful of clicking links and downloading shady software as these are the main ways in which users get hijacked.
Thank you. I was only here, because I dont know if I should report the "hacker" ip to Valve... First time that happens to me and my brother. Ty. :)
You can report users via their Steam profiles if that's something you can find

Otherwise concentrate first on recovering and securing the account
This isn't a VAC Issue, but if your account does fall in the wrong hands it could be VAC banned.

Do what Satoru did and try to investigate your brothers history. Did he visit any lookalike steam sites?

try running some scans with malwarebytes. It seems a little dodgy if the email was compromised aswell.
I'm confused. Is it your brother's account or yours, or both. You mention all three versions. Also your previous aliases aren't comforting at all. I sure hope this isn't a prep story for a future VAC ban you're expecting...
Автор останньої редакції: LEOdf; 30 лип. 2014 о 2:22
this is what will happen when one shares his PC and his steam account
Lol Leo. As I said, my english isnt that good. Sorry. And yes, this is my brother acc.
Already did everything... My acc is secure now.
This forum is over :p :bbtgem:
< >
Показані коментарі 18 із 8
На сторінку: 1530 50

Опубліковано: 29 лип. 2014 о 8:53
Дописів: 8