This topic has been locked
Felix Aug 30, 2016 @ 10:55am
VAC ban length
So as whoever reads this could guess, my account has been vac banned, other than when the account got banned from the game I havn't really been fussed, however recently I was asked about playing said game which immediately reminded me of this ban. I would like to know why valve's stance on cheating is for an unlimited time ban rather than the 5 or 7 year bans they had previously. I then like to know why they don't have any community improvement in place I believe if they saw active helping from some of their 'cancerous' players it could really improve things for both sides. I believe that with a system like that in place it would encourage more people who are in a situation like mine to prove that they are not what the community thinks they are. I believe telling a banned player that he is stuck with that and can't do anything about it would make people much more likely to when making a new account just do it so as to ruin other peoples experience.
Thanks for reading,
Felix
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Ancient Oldie Aug 30, 2016 @ 11:01am 
i think for ever is a bit harsh, 150 years should be ok.
Silicon Vampire Aug 30, 2016 @ 11:08am 
VAC bans were once temporary. It did not work, cheaters just kept cheating once the ban was over.

Non-cheaters agree, it should stay permanent. The many threads on the subject are the basis of this statement.
Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Aug 30, 2016 @ 11:08am
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 30, 2016 @ 10:55am