This topic has been locked
PHARAO (Banned) Jul 22, 2016 @ 4:26pm
Can I get banned for System errors?
Hello, I am very paranoid for VAC bans + other anti cheats! I have for the most games an own Steam Account. (I'm not a cheater)!

And I reset every month my PC.

Now a question: Yesterday I turned off my PC, but only my monitor got turned off. So I pressed the button to turn off my PC at my computer (not a virtual button). I repeatet this process, to look if it was a single time problem. After the 3rd repeat I startet a game before, that I installed on Steam but not runned yet. You know, Steam installes some things again if you start a game for the first time. I turned off my PC; Monitor and PC turned off. Maybe I had to wait a bit longer that the PC turns off too at the first two times? Did I something broke on my system?

I want to reset my PC again, but I installed already games that need a long time to install.

If something broke, can I get a VAC Ban for this? Or a Ban on other anti cheats?

Or rather this question: Can you get a Anti Cheat Ban, if you have any system errors?

AND no, I am not banned yet.

Sorry for my very bad english
Last edited by PHARAO; Jul 22, 2016 @ 4:26pm
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
PHARAO (Banned) Jul 22, 2016 @ 4:39pm 
Originally posted by RockStar:
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/882959527688934488/
Sorry, that doesn't help me. Or I failed to see a information?
Falro the Great Jul 22, 2016 @ 4:45pm 
VAC scans for specific traces of cheats. There is absolutely no way to be banned for something that isn't a cheat.
RockStar Jul 22, 2016 @ 4:45pm 
"If something broke, can I get a VAC Ban for this? Or a Ban on other anti cheats?"

Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) is an anti-cheat component of the Steam platform, and it is used to protect against in-game cheating in a variety of games. Any modification to a game which allows for one player to have an advantage over another player may be considered a cheat. The VAC system detects cheats using cheat signatures, and should a cheat be detected by VAC the offending player will receive a VAC ban.
PHARAO (Banned) Jul 22, 2016 @ 4:47pm 
Originally posted by Falro the Great:
VAC scans for specific traces of cheats. There is absolutely no way to be banned for something that isn't a cheat.

"If something broke, can I get a VAC Ban for this? Or a Ban on other anti cheats?"

Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) is an anti-cheat component of the Steam platform, and it is used to protect against in-game cheating in a variety of games. Any modification to a game which allows for one player to have an advantage over another player may be considered a cheat. The VAC system detects cheats using cheat signatures, and should a cheat be detected by VAC the offending player will receive a VAC ban.

Thank you. Do you know what about other anti cheats? I play Rainbow six siege (on other Steam account).
Falro the Great Jul 22, 2016 @ 4:50pm 
Originally posted by Uganda (6 months not played):
Originally posted by Falro the Great:

Thank you. Do you know what about other anti cheats? I play Rainbow six siege (on other Steam account).
For RS6, it uses FairFight, which apparently watches gameplay and bans for specific behavior. I don't believe they ban permanently, at least not at first, either.

System errors won't get you banned on any anti-cheat made by a competent developer. At worst, it simply won't allow you to connect until the issue is resolved.
The Giving One Jul 22, 2016 @ 4:53pm 
Originally posted by Uganda (6 months not played):
Sorry, that doesn't help me. Or I failed to see a information?

You failed to see the information.

"You will not be banned by the VAC system unless you login to a VAC-secure server with a cheat installed on your computer."

Linked from within the pinned thread that the good Rockstar linked above....

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-RADZ-6869&l=english

Of course, technically this has changed a bit due to phone number bans and also family sharing with cheating involved.
Last edited by The Giving One; Jul 22, 2016 @ 4:53pm
Woz Jul 22, 2016 @ 4:58pm 
The reality is if you don't have cheats installed there is nothing to worry about. I have been on Steam since the start. Game on a regular basis and no bans as no cheats. Its that simple really, if you don't cheat or mess about with cheats then VAC is nothing to worry about
The Giving One Jul 22, 2016 @ 5:01pm 
And be careful who and how you family share with and NEVER share your phone number with anyone else on any other account. Your accounts are fine to have the same number as long as NO cheating takes place. If it does, then all accounts get banned at the time of the infraction if they share a phone number.

Again, that info is from that found from the pinned thread.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 22, 2016 @ 4:26pm