Max Jul 30 @ 8:31am
VAC BAN
Hi , I was banned from a mw2 server but i don't know the reason there is only 3 days I got the game. Please can you help me
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
ReBoot Jul 30 @ 8:40am 
Read and understand the pinned thread.
ReBoot Jul 31 @ 12:17am 
This is nonsense. VAC doesn't ban for names.
Danger Jul 31 @ 2:00am 
Originally posted by Dubstep_Bass:
Maybe becouse you have name colors ^3 can be a color mod for your name maybe that is it?

I suggest you remove it
Using a color in your name is not a mod and it's allowed on this game anyway.

Originally posted by ^2High^8Grade ^1lll^3lll^2lll:
Hi , I was banned from a mw2 server but i don't know the reason there is only 3 days I got the game. Please can you help me
You got banned because you either cheated or moded the game even hosting a hacked or moded lobby. Modifications to this game others than editing the configuration file will trigger a VAC ban. All VAC bans are permanent - Valve has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and will not lift VAC bans under any circumstances. Further information can be found on the sticky thread not only in the VAC forum but also in the MW2 Multiplayer forum. If you believe that your ban was wrong you should contact the Steam Support . However they will not tell you the reason of your ban.
Junior Jul 31 @ 9:04am 
im tired of reading this, my friend get banned in mw2 with 5 hours of game, he have 200+ games in steam, and he is partner with me in competitive/games he not cheated, is just a error with mw2,we buyed the game together to play but i never played it "Online"just private server with he, he played online and get vac, never cheated in any game, we play alot online why people think all players that get vac cheated? no make sense a guy who have less than 10 hours in a game getting a vac with 200+ games in account.
Iyerbeth Jul 31 @ 9:53am 
Originally posted by Junior:
im tired of reading this, my friend get banned in mw2 with 5 hours of game, he have 200+ games in steam, and he is partner with me in competitive/games he not cheated, is just a error with mw2,we buyed the game together to play but i never played it "Online"just private server with he, he played online and get vac, never cheated in any game, we play alot online why people think all players that get vac cheated? no make sense a guy who have less than 10 hours in a game getting a vac with 200+ games in account.

People tend to think all players that got vac cheated because, statistically, it turns out to be correct because VAC doesn't go looking for cheats; it's designed to look for specific known cheats. When someone gets banned it's usually because a specific known cheat was found running when they connected to a vac secure game, an actual known cheat which the system has been explicitly told to look for.

That doesn't mean mistakes don't happen, but when they do steam support can (and should!) be contacted to remove it as they'll be able to see which process triggered the ban. Any mistakes are extremely rare because of the way VAC works but they can happen. If it's confirmed by support to be a legitimate ban - however it happened - the account was used to cheat by someone.
Last edited by Iyerbeth; Jul 31 @ 9:56am
Tulipunahapero Jul 31 @ 11:59am 

Amount of games in the library has nothing to do with cheating. Either account user or somebody who had access to the account, cheated. You can cheat even if you have all games that Steam can offer. Belive, there are people who do it. There is no point arguing about it in forums because we can't know the true story but we can presume VAC detected something and now account is banned.

It's better ask Steam support kindly what is going on. If they confirm ban to be reasonable you must check your privacy and take care of your account better next time.
Last edited by Tulipunahapero; Jul 31 @ 11:59am
Silicon Vampire Jul 31 @ 12:20pm 
Originally posted by Tulipunahapero:

Amount of games in the library has nothing to do with cheating. Either account user or somebody who had access to the account, cheated. You can cheat even if you have all games that Steam can offer. Belive, there are people who do it. There is no point arguing about it in forums because we can't know the true story but we can presume VAC detected something and now account is banned.

It's better ask Steam support kindly what is going on. If they confirm ban to be reasonable you must check your privacy and take care of your account better next time.
yes but mw2 is the only game that i see strange vacs in alot of accounts

That's because people don't read info available to them before they modify the game. There are nearly NO acceptable modifications that are not considered VAC bannable by the developers. VAC bans for what the Devs say is a cheat or not, not what people *think* is ok or not.
Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Jul 31 @ 12:22pm
Junior Jul 31 @ 12:22pm 
Originally posted by Silicon Vampire:
yes but mw2 is the only game that i see strange vacs in alot of accounts

That's because people don't read info available to them before they modify the game. There are nearly NO acceptable modifications that are not considered VAC bannable by the developers. VAC bans for what the Devs say, not what people *think* is ok.
you are right, i know mw2 not allow modding, but this is the problem to calling all people that have vac "Cheaters"
Last edited by Junior; Jul 31 @ 12:23pm
Astori Heichalot Jul 31 @ 10:09pm 
im tired of reading this,
too many people complained about getting VAC banned without understanding which things are allowed and which things arent
Laptop65 Aug 1 @ 5:26pm 
Originally posted by Silicon Vampire:
That's because people don't read info available to them before they modify the game. There are nearly NO acceptable modifications that are not considered VAC bannable by the developers. VAC bans for what the Devs say is a cheat or not, not what people *think* is ok or not.
I should probably get yet ANOTHER pinned thread up in there telling people mods aren't allowed. Then again, if people are dumb enough to mess around with it without checking first, they sort of deserve it.
Last edited by Laptop65; Aug 1 @ 5:26pm
Junior Aug 1 @ 6:16pm 
Originally posted by Laptop65:
]I should probably get yet ANOTHER pinned thread up in there telling people mods aren't allowed. Then again, if people are dumb enough to mess around with it without checking first, they sort of deserve it.
if the game show a warning it will solve the most problems, because in most games you can use mods and modify, but in mw2 you can't so if the game show a warning when you open less people will get banned
Laptop65 Aug 1 @ 6:20pm 
if the game show a warning it will solve the most problems, because in most games you can use mods and modify, but in mw2 you can't so if the game show a warning when you open less people will get banned
The game doesn't show warnings, and IW are pretty unlikely to update the game nearly 5 years down the line.
Junior Aug 1 @ 6:22pm 
]The game doesn't show warnings, and IW are pretty unlikely to update the game nearly 5 years down the line.
i know it no show, but this should be done in the past, and in future games to no get problem like this
Renxo Aug 1 @ 6:29pm 
]I should probably get yet ANOTHER pinned thread up in there telling people mods aren't allowed. Then again, if people are dumb enough to mess around with it without checking first, they sort of deserve it.
If the game show a warning it will solve the most problems, because in most games you can use mods and modify, but in mw2 you can't so if the game show a warning when you open less people will get banned

You are suposed to read and know what are you buying, you just don't throw your money at it, it's an old story, but an easy one:

Don't knowing the rules/laws/tos/eula is not an excuse to avoid/broke/infringe/violate them.

You are encouraged at every instance to read them.
- Creating your account with Steam.
- Activating keys.
- Buying games.
- Installing them.

If you just scrolled down without reading it's not Steam/devs fault.
Or you thought those little windows with text in them with an "I agree/accept" button in them were put there just to anoy you?

I don't have any CoD games, but even I know what NOT to do in them. Just took me 5 minutes making a quick search in forums or reading pinned threads.
Last edited by Renxo; Aug 1 @ 6:30pm
Royals Aug 1 @ 9:23pm 
I am also VAC banned for MW2 but after some research I was in the wrong, You and I should of looked before we modified the game, not sure what you did but a simple level modification messed me over :P
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 30 @ 8:31am