DickSmoothies Jul 30 @ 12:07am
VAC Ban for Cheating Infraction on CS:GO
I was playing on a FTB server when a GeForce video card update came through, let it do its thing, played for anoher 30 or so minutes, click install on the update and I got a Blue screen, restarted computer, jumped back in ts and lost my interest in MC and decided to jump on CS:GO with a buddy. But when i tried to, it asked me to install GO even though i had already been playing earlier that day, re-installed it and didn't think anything of it, Boot up GO and when I get to the main screen I see the yellow bar at the top. instant mind thought "FFFFFFF#$%##$#, "VAC ban for cheating infraction", do my research on it, turns out my game data was corrupted by the "Blue screen"! and now im banned because a GeForce driver install F'd me over, that is some BS! I'd have to guess this can't be repealed and i know VAC bans are permanent so to say, that was some major bull, "Banned because a GeForce driver install went full ♥♥♥♥♥♥ and blue screened and got me a VAC ban by "Cheating Infraction"

this all occured within an hour on 7/30/2014 between 1-2 A.M.

Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
ReBoot Jul 30 @ 12:11am 
Read and understand the pinned thread.
Satsujinki Jul 30 @ 12:13am 
contact your steam support and you have to wait for your reply to confirm your false positive ban.

If you did cheat, then you're VAC ban for your whole life.
DickSmoothies Jul 30 @ 12:18am 
steam support is like putting a note in a bottle and hoping someone finds it! gah!
ReBoot Jul 30 @ 12:58am 
I'm glad we agree that contacting the support is futile.
DickSmoothies Jul 30 @ 1:10am 
I posted my question on steam support, I'll probably be stuck, looking out towards the sea, hoping someone will find me, **Cries in hope**
spoof Jul 30 @ 1:40am 
try reading about delayed bans that the VAC system uses.

support always answers , people just do not like what they are told.
do not confuse the two.
MDZ jimmY Jul 30 @ 1:51am 
how likely is it that

1. a geforce update caused a vac ban
2. you get flagged by vac and IMMEDIATELY vac banned? usually vac bans are delayed, so I'm not sure how likely it is to get banned within an hour.

I'd say you cheated and now trying to get rid of a vac ban like everybody else. I mean really, how likely is it that a geforce update caused a vac ban? the geforce update probably never even touched any cs:go files for vac to get triggered. still, if you REALLY think this is a false positive then contact steam support. but if you just cheated then stop wasting everyones time here and enjoy your vacation.
spoof Jul 30 @ 1:54am 
it is a two day old account.
my guess it is the same cheat as the last game/account you got VAC banned on.

or this is a troll.

Last edited by spoof; Jul 30 @ 1:55am
Astori Heichalot Jul 30 @ 1:59am 
Originally posted by DickSmoothies:
I was playing on a FTB server when a GeForce video card update came through, let it do its thing, played for anoher 30 or so minutes, click install on the update and I got a Blue screen, restarted computer, jumped back in ts and lost my interest in MC and decided to jump on CS:GO with a buddy. But when i tried to, it asked me to install GO even though i had already been playing earlier that day, re-installed it and didn't think anything of it, Boot up GO and when I get to the main screen I see the yellow bar at the top. instant mind thought "FFFFFFF#$%##$#, "VAC ban for cheating infraction", do my research on it, turns out my game data was corrupted by the "Blue screen"! and now im banned because a GeForce driver install F'd me over, that is some BS! I'd have to guess this can't be repealed and i know VAC bans are permanent so to say, that was some major bull, "Banned because a GeForce driver install went full ♥♥♥♥♥♥ and blue screened and got me a VAC ban by "Cheating Infraction"

this all occured within an hour on 7/30/2014 between 1-2 A.M.
the real BS is actually you OP

1. geforce driver, both finals or betas, will not trigger vac ban
2. bluescreen (system crash) doesnt trigger vac
3. also, your account is brand new

the last point however, seemed like you got caught cheating immediately
LEOdf Jul 30 @ 2:03am 
Nice try cheater. Enjoy your ban. (Or just open another smurf account...*sigh*)
Gee Jul 30 @ 10:36am 
12 Hours and 1 game on the account hmmmmmm must be a false positive...................

I cant follow this brains, they really think we are dumb or such, but hey most people with IQ above 50 will smell your rotten lies, its same as " my dog ate my homework", too much unhonest teenagers around here D:
Last edited by Gee; Jul 30 @ 10:39am
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 30 @ 12:07am