This topic has been locked
Noodles Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:22pm
Questions. VAC Ban
I don't understand why I was VAC Banned. And I don't understand how it works. I have read the FAQ about being VAC Banned but it does not make scene to me. Please help. I also don't understand how I got VAC banned because I had a 7 Day Comp Cool down I could not play and the next day I have VAC. I had gotten the comp ban for leaving in the middle of a match. Did that get me VAC?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
gwait Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:22pm 
No.
StrangerDanger Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:23pm 
No, you got banned due using known cheats.
Noodles Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:37pm 
I could not play because I had cool down. I don't understand.
StrangerDanger Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:38pm 
Originally posted by Noodles:
Keyword: Delayed bans
ReBoot Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:39pm 
You don't understand because you haven't actually read the FAQ. If you had, you would know that bans are delayed.
Noodles Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:44pm 
When i click "info" it brings me to VAC FAQ and it does not make sense at all and does not sum it up for me. So I click what does it mean if I get VAC and that does nothing but say basically I can't do anything that involves CS. I had a comp cool down so it's not like I could play anyways.
gwait Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:45pm 
Post #2 summed it up for you. Also add in anyone else using the account into there.
M4tt Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:46pm 
When i click "info" it brings me to VAC FAQ and it does not make sense at all and does not sum it up for me. So I click what does it mean if I get VAC and that does nothing but say basically I can't do anything that involves CS. I had a comp cool down so it's not like I could play anyways.
Again: bans are delayed. What triggered the ban could have been months ago.
Vac bans are for known cheats being detected on your computer while playing on a vac secured server.
ReBoot Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:46pm 
I can't do anything that involves CS
Wrong. You could play the game on insecure servers. It also explains delayed bans.

What it doesn't mention, is that you can run an insecure server yourself, add in some bots or invite friends.
Noodles Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:46pm 
What do you mean add in anyone using the account?
Noodles Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:49pm 
I don't know how to run an insecure server. and that just confused me. about adding bot and inviting friends.
ReBoot Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:51pm 
I don't know how to run an insecure server. and that just confused me. about adding bot and inviting friends.
1. To run an insecure server, use the -insecure parameter. May also want to use a password as everyone and his grandma will join your server to cheat on it.
2. How to run a server: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD and https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive_Dedicated_Servers
3. As for inviting friends, simply join your own server and invite via Steam.
Noodles Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:52pm 
Thanks for that helpful information on how to make a server when I can't even play the game! How does making an insecure server apply to my VAC?? I still don't understand why the VAC was given.
gwait Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:53pm 
Covered in Post #2.
Last edited by gwait; Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:54pm
ReBoot Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:53pm 
Thanks for that helpful information on how to make a server when I can't even play the game! How does making an insecure server apply to my VAC?? I still don't understand why the VAC was given.
You still haven't read that VAC FAQ. If you had, you would know that you cant play ON SECURE servers. You can play on insecure servers, including ones that you make yourself. Really, give it a read!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:22pm