CowntChocula 8 Şub 2013 @ 8:22am
Playing games on Microsoft Surface Pro
I am looking into purchasing a new tablet and have been looking into the Microsoft Surface. From what I can tell, you can't download third party apps on the Surface RT but the Surface Pro is supposed to be a full windows 8. Does anyone know if that means I would be able to download and play games via Steam on this tablet?
8 yorumdan 1 ile 8 arası gösteriliyor
< >
panic. 9 Şub 2013 @ 4:20pm 
You are able to install Steam and games off of Steam on the Surface Pro. You cannot on the Surface RT.
Satoru 10 Şub 2013 @ 7:45am 
The Surface Pro has an Intel HD4000

So you acn play games that support that. Don't expect miracles on an HD4000 it 'works' but barely.
team.bean1 13 Şub 2013 @ 5:07pm 
The news is out -- check the headlines. Even though the Surface Pro sports the dreaded HD4000, the i5 processor must pull its weight. Initial reports state Diablo III and Portal 2 can run at full 1920x1080 at nearly full specs. :::Downside- this drains the battery in about 3.5 hours.
jhoff80 25 Şub 2013 @ 1:10pm 
Steam (and many games) does run on the Surface Pro, but the big problem is that Steam doesn't go by the Windows DPI scaling settings, so you're stuck with a very small interface on the high dpi screen that the Pro has.

Big Picture can help, but that's kind of laggy on the Pro.
team.bean1 1 Tem 2013 @ 12:03pm 
Many games run on low settings. I've had success w/ Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2, Sim City, and BioShock Infinite. So, it works fine. No powerhouse - but a nice option.
TeeJay 1 Tem 2013 @ 3:16pm 
jhoff80: Totally Agree. Big Picture suck big time on ARM devices. Why did they make it after all?
CowntChocula: I can run casual games (e.g. Plants vs. Zombies) on my HP Elitepad 900 - no problem.
Treetender 20 Haz @ 4:47pm 
How does it perform with steam streaming? Is the wifi good enough, or is it choppy and hard to use?
Mad Portagee Da NiNjA 2 Tem @ 7:29am 
I tested this the other day. Seemed to work fairly well. Did have issues with using the touchscreen for menus. The mouse would bounce around a couple inches from where i was tapping even with a stylus. I only had time to test a couple games, but the mouse issue might kill a lot of games unless they have gamepad support.
8 yorumdan 1 ile 8 arası gösteriliyor
< >
Sayfa başına: 15 30 50
Gönderilme Tarihi: 8 Şub 2013 @ 8:22am
İleti: 8