S4sHk499 Jan 6, 2013 @ 9:39am
Mobile trading
On the mobile app, first of all there should be an iPad version, but there should be allowed to trade items too. Anyone think that? The ability to trade on mobile device.

A +rep for ideas would be greatly appreciated :)
Last edited by S4sHk499; Jul 4 @ 7:07pm
Showing 1-15 of 204 comments
< >
Catalyst Jan 7, 2013 @ 1:22am 
can use to trade ?
S4sHk499 Jan 7, 2013 @ 1:35pm 
Originally posted by Rise Dark Star:
can use to trade ?
yes
-|WaD|- BigMike Jan 7, 2013 @ 5:21pm 
I can't see Valve going down the road of mobile trading. It would be a great thing for the 99% of users...but the other 1% will use it to duplicate items, like they did the last time we had 2 systems of trade.
Black Mambo № 5. Jan 16, 2013 @ 7:14am 
Originally posted by -|WaD|- BulletMagnet:
I can't see Valve going down the road of mobile trading. It would be a great thing for the 99% of users...but the other 1% will use it to duplicate items, like they did the last time we had 2 systems of trade.

LOLWTF...what makes you think people will duplicate items via mobile trading, if it is ever released by Valve? In the past it was a different thing, the TF2-in game-trade AND the Steam Trade used two different methods. Now that Valve has unified both of them, or rather removed the TF2-in-game trading I personally haven't heard any news of anyone duping items, other than 1 one case with gifted items.
Anyhow, it's quite freakin easy to prevent dual trading (if that's what you meant). It is already in usage. For example - open a trade with someone, then launch TF2 and try trading someone else, you can't. The same algorithms can be tweaked and applied IF Valve ever releases trading on Steam Mobile.
Which I personally think they might be working on, who knows!

Also,
/signed.
Super Errorka Jan 16, 2013 @ 8:28pm 
Trade is available in mobile version steam (ios)?
RJ Jan 19, 2013 @ 2:13am 
Steam Mobile is pretty lacking in general to be honest, it was a much needed addition and the ability to chat remotely is great - but the experience at launch, and particularly now after Steam Community has had a ton more features added, is very far behind what it should be.

The Android client as well is also very poor, it's a straight up iOS port and ignores many of Androids guidelines/behaviours - which, given the fact it's primarily a web-browser (most things on Mobile are just web pages exposed to the user), just cries neglect and lazyness with regards to the platform.

I think Steam Mobile is due for an overhaul, and I would be surprised if that overhaul was not already months in the works.

Originally posted by -|WaD|- BulletMagnet:
I can't see Valve going down the road of mobile trading. It would be a great thing for the 99% of users...but the other 1% will use it to duplicate items, like they did the last time we had 2 systems of trade.

The current trading system is entirely web-based, which means it would be pretty easy to deploy that same system to mobile devices; there would be no need for Valve to create a new system.
walaalalalalalalalala Mar 12, 2013 @ 11:43pm 
pc version steam can trade with ipad ???
Neonai Apr 26, 2013 @ 3:35pm 
pls add steam trade to mobile version
ToxicKitten™ >>[3]<<® Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:48am 
Please add trade to mobile version of steam!
psychopie Jul 21, 2013 @ 5:37am 
Valve should find a way to make it work
Thijs_TMK Jul 21, 2013 @ 10:44am 
Originally posted by psychopie:
Valve should find a way to make it work
Agreed!
GLaDOS Jul 21, 2013 @ 10:51am 
It will be good if i will be able to trade items :)
Mr Babache Jul 21, 2013 @ 1:29pm 
trading from your phone would definitely be pretty sweet
Genrou0 Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:04pm 
Agreed! Mobile Trading would be nice.
ZombieUsr Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:06pm 
Just be careful what you post...I just sold a foil for $00.14...poo
Showing 1-15 of 204 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50