(d^u^b) Mar 17, 2014 @ 7:24am
steam-mobile
make a steam mobile app for windows based phones... (unless it's too difficult for Valve to get accomplished of course, then nvm...)

and let's not forget the forums where's there's been a thread that goes back a ways.... >

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2504563
Last edited by (d^u^b); Apr 1, 2014 @ 1:38pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 66 comments
Wel the Android and iOS i do not think are fully finsh yet.. i do agree that windows phone needs to get the app as well but it may be they do not want to make 3 updates each time...
(d^u^b) Mar 17, 2014 @ 8:17am 
"but it may be they do not want to make 3 updates each time..." < yeah perhaps, or more likely, it's just beyond their abilities to do so (code an app for windows based phones). < seems the only RATIONAL reason why it's not appeared as of yet.
Last edited by (d^u^b); Mar 17, 2014 @ 1:48pm
RNGesus Mar 17, 2014 @ 8:20am 
Originally posted by Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/:
but it may be they do not want to make 3 updates each time...
But... Valve is a very succesful company and... Updating an app wouldn't really be that much to ask for us WP8 users? And they would earn money faster or more if we think of the impulse buyers... What im trying to say is, bringing the app to WP8 wouldnt be that hard for Valve... Wouldnt it? :/
well think abut it like these a second... its not a copy paste... its rework it each time to work for each system and right now they have
App's - iOS + Android
+ Program - Linux + Windows + Mac X big picture + nowmal client
+ SteamOS that needs its own updates somewhat
+ Steam server
+ SDK
+ Make there own games (Half Life 3 any one )

Now to all that you want to add a Steam app for windows mobile? and also remmber Valve are not that big
Last edited by Black Blade (Cart Idling); Mar 17, 2014 @ 8:42am
Ritchie Blackmore Mar 17, 2014 @ 9:00am 
yes you are right
RNGesus Mar 17, 2014 @ 9:09am 
I still dont think it would be a problem to add an app for wp8... Just saying it. :I
Ritchie Blackmore Mar 17, 2014 @ 9:32am 
buy android or ios
RNGesus Mar 17, 2014 @ 9:56am 
No thank you! xD Why would i change to Android or iOS if i recently bought a wp8? But i dont know if everyone has heard it but, Microsoft is considering taking Android market to WP8 too, so there may be TONS of apps and steam app on wp8 in 1/some years.
eks1g. Mar 17, 2014 @ 10:18am 
use android its cool:p
well i think they can.. but is it worth for them? i do not know... any idea how is the market going right now?
RNGesus Mar 17, 2014 @ 11:26am 
The wp8 market?
Sales on WP8 increasing.
Originally posted by MIIRBAIDKWTCM:
The wp8 market?
Sales on WP8 increasing.
i was meaning more like how many % use android how many iOS and how many WP8 that can tell you abut how its going to go...
RNGesus Mar 17, 2014 @ 11:38am 
One word, customer care
Originally posted by MIIRBAIDKWTCM:
One word, customer care
?
I do not really see how is that so related.. i mena the thing is if it was let say 5% of users use WP8 is it really worth to maybe make a brand new app just for that? for 5% world user? i mean out of the 5% how many are steam users

In the outher hand if Android takes... 60% it more worth to work on it as more customers will be happy...

I am not saying they will not do it.. i just think that if they will it will take time... and the more users that will be the faster it may come
RNGesus Mar 17, 2014 @ 11:54am 
But give me one reason why they should NOT release one for wp8...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 66 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Mar 17, 2014 @ 7:24am