Murph-Dirt Mar 9 @ 11:30am
your android app sucks
I can log into the computer app just fine... I can log into the forums just fine... I can even log into the discussions just fine... BUT when i go to log into my mobile app, IT ACTS LIKE I AM A TERRORIST THAT IS TRYING TO DESTROY THE WORLD! Firewalls are raised, passport requests are made, mothers maiden name and blood sample is requested.

My login doesnt change from mobile to PC, but your (sarcasm inserted for the slow) awesome steam guard blocks out even the user with the correct login and password. then asks me to validate myself with a cumputer generated code. I enter that in and steam guard ( sarcasm still going) blocks my way like Gandolf the grey and that crazy fire ogre thing on the bridge. I have to go down to my PC and write this (incase you wondered- this next phrase is ripe with... you guessed it- sarcasm) polite and in no way negative review of Valve practice.

I understand you cant kit the mark all the time with security, i would hope you were closer than a stormtrooper trying ot hit a jedi.

Thanks Steam, your steam guard hs prevented even the chosen one with the correct password and username from entering the castle.

(sarcassm off) you suck!
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
< >
Murph-Dirt Mar 9 @ 11:38am 
oh and after revalidating my PC IP address which is in ANC AK... the steam site is now in FInnish! yay for your crack ball team (*sarcasm is meant for that last sentence).
L-r | Canti Mar 9 @ 4:12pm 
Originally posted by Murph-Dirt:
My login doesnt change from mobile to PC, but your (sarcasm inserted for the slow) awesome steam guard blocks out even the user with the correct login and password.
I think you misunderstand how Steam Guard works. It blocks logins from devices it doesn't recognise, so this would mean it's working correctly.

I have to go down to my PC and write this
Android can copy/paste text, as far as I'm aware.
@M@$TER☢ Mar 9 @ 5:45pm 
Steam for android sucks :P
Murph-Dirt Mar 9 @ 5:52pm 
Originally posted by Canti:
My login doesnt change from mobile to PC, but your (sarcasm inserted for the slow) awesome steam guard blocks out even the user with the correct login and password.
I think you misunderstand how Steam Guard works. It blocks logins from devices it doesn't recognise, so this would mean it's working correctly.

I have to go down to my PC and write this
Android can copy/paste text, as far as I'm aware.

the app doesnt recognize my login. ill slow it down for you. the same characters i enter on PC... do not work for my mobile... same login, 2 POCs one works, one does not.

i could care less if it recognizes my pc at work, home, etc. if i enter my correct login information, then i should be logged in.

PC: username+password=okay dokie
Wife PC: username+password= okay dokie.
mobile: username+password= TERRORIST/WARNING/NO-GO/ Mo-Fo Steam guard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biziotch!!
Worst. Sniper. Ever. Mar 9 @ 8:31pm 
Well, this is how Steam Guard works. If you don't like it, perhaps you should consider disabling it? Of course, you miss out of on features that the Steam Community provides for you.

I'd like to point out if you're using Steam Guard already, you've done this process before on your PC too. When you first login to a new computer or device with Steam Guard, it will ask for this ID code, as well as ask you to enter a name for the device. You should be familiar with this process already since it occurred at least once on your PC.

I don't understand the issue you're having, as most users don't find it terribly difficult to type a 5 digit code into a box that they receive from an email.

Steam for Android works just fine for me. When I logged into it for the first time, it asked me for the code. Luckily, I have emails sent to me on my Android phone as well, so I simply just pull down my notifications and check the code. (Or rather, I go to my email and copy and paste it.)

After that, you should be able to login.

PEBYAD
Murph-Dirt Mar 9 @ 8:50pm 
Ice, you would be correct if this was a first time. but for some unknown reason it just started. I have used it on my mobile before but today it decided to be a womp rat.

I also do not care nor did i ask if steam worked for you. Congrats man! you rock!

If copy paste worked do you think i would have come to the PC and went on a 5yr old rage like i did? I put this up here to tell Valve that something is up with the mobile authority check they have in place. I may be wrong but i didnt see the planets align and i doubt we are having a solar eclipse SO... i would venture to guess that something somewhere is messed up, as i followed up with my second post saying when RE-validating my PC it landed with Finnish instead of English on all of steams pages. Once again, i doubt that that is normal when validating an AK ( thats Alaska, champ) IP.

Cheers and G'day
Murph-Dirt Mar 9 @ 8:55pm 
to slow down and stop you from taking your shirt off and yelling, "COME AT ME BRO". I want you to understand that steam app did not ask for a validation code, which is sent via email, it simply did. not. take. my. username/password. as. my. username/password.

after trying 2-4 times the validation code came, i entered it via the prompts... then poof* nothing. you have entered the wrong login information, etc etc etc.
Mr Enspire Mar 9 @ 9:42pm 
Lol Android sucks.
Originally posted by Enspire:
Lol Android sucks.

Crapple sucks plain and simple. Android is a billion times more modable then crapple phones will ever be. Plus why have 3 different cables to lug around when you have say a crapple phone a very high mega pixal camera and a hd hdd camcorder when with an android 1 cable works on them all.
to slow down and stop you from taking your shirt off and yelling, "COME AT ME BRO". I want you to understand that steam app did not ask for a validation code, which is sent via email, it simply did. not. take. my. username/password. as. my. username/password.

after trying 2-4 times the validation code came, i entered it via the prompts... then poof* nothing. you have entered the wrong login information, etc etc etc.

Go to your apps tab in settings and clear data and try again. If that don't work clear data again then uninstall it and then restart your phone then reinstall it. BTW what phone you got and what version of android do you got as copy/paste works on all phones from ginger bread up.
Tim016 Mar 11 @ 1:58am 
Andoid FTW :D
GariK Mar 11 @ 2:06am 
felmarrR Mar 11 @ 2:39am 
androiddddddd
Tetragidrocanobinol Mar 11 @ 9:49am 
No
Mr Enspire Mar 11 @ 1:07pm 
Originally posted by ☠Soul Assassin☠:
Originally posted by Enspire:
Lol Android sucks.

Crapple sucks plain and simple. Android is a billion times more modable then crapple phones will ever be. Plus why have 3 different cables to lug around when you have say a crapple phone a very high mega pixal camera and a hd hdd camcorder when with an android 1 cable works on them all.

No need to mod a phone. I use an iPhone for basic needs. It's brilliant at that. Anything else you can just do on a computer.
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50