bigjguitar Nov 24, 2012 @ 10:00pm
You FOULED me Steam....
Not 2 days ago I bought Borderlands 2 WITH the Season pass AND mechromancer addons, and now you half the price of the game??? NOT FAIR.... thanks for ruining my holiday spirit and smashing my budget. Douchers. >=\
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
< >
SteventheSlayer Nov 24, 2012 @ 10:04pm 
No, they have not ripped you off.
Nor have they done anything wrong.
You got the game, and that's it.
You wouldn't go into a store and say "I bought a TV before the black friday sale. Can I get a refund?"
Maybe if you had used some patience and a little foresight, you could have saved some money.
bigjguitar Nov 24, 2012 @ 10:17pm 
Can you read Steve, clearly you cant... I never said I was ripped off, I said I was FOULED. I can be ♥♥♥♥♥♥ about spending $80 bucks ON BLACK FRIGING FRIDAY and they sale it on sunday. So step off bro, they fouled me. Yes I did get the game, that im happy about. Also your last comment IMHO makes you a ♥♥♥♥♥ and me an impusle buyer! So go high 5 Claptrap slab!
SteventheSlayer Nov 24, 2012 @ 10:19pm 
Originally posted by bigjguitar:
Can you read Steve, clearly you cant... I never said I was ripped off, I said I was FOULED. I can be ♥♥♥♥♥♥ about spending $80 bucks ON BLACK FRIGING FRIDAY and they sale it on sunday. So step off bro, they fouled me. Yes I did get the game, that im happy about. Also your last comment IMHO makes you a ♥♥♥♥♥ and me an impusle buyer! So go high 5 Claptrap slab!
I see that you no longer have anything to add, so now I can report it, and you can be angry all by yourself.
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Nov 24, 2012 @ 10:30pm 
Originally posted by bigjguitar:

Next time don't buy games during a major sale until it's on a flash/daily deal or it's the last day of the sale.
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; Nov 24, 2012 @ 11:23pm
fozzie333 Nov 24, 2012 @ 11:23pm 
yes the rolling cheese is right he or she has a point
Retriks Nov 25, 2012 @ 12:02am 
simple, you should've waited.
Sloppy Seconds Nov 25, 2012 @ 12:18am 
Originally posted by steventheslayer:
You wouldn't go into a store and say "I bought a TV before the black friday sale. Can I get a refund?"
You've never worked in retail have you?

Anyways, OP, how did you "smash your budget?" If you were on a budget in the first place, why would you spend $80 on a game + DLC? The only reason I can see for you making this rant is buyer's remorse. Still, it is your fault for being a bad consumer:

a) Didn't shop around, yes it is cheaper else where
b) Were not patient, thus lost money

Really, I can't get over that you just through $80 at a game that's been out this long at this time of year, but still have the balls to say you got ripped off; you got stones man. At least, that's what I think you have.
bigjguitar Nov 25, 2012 @ 5:21am 
Awesome this is the most attention Ive gotten since being a part of the Steam Community! First off Im say gonna say this real slow you yall can understand, I was being sarcastic. And Just like that person who bought the TV when it wasnt on sale, I can be ♥♥♥♥♥y about it. Im sorry I bought the game so late but honestly my PC needed major repairs, got damamged in shipping, hurricane Sandy ( i live in jersey), bla bla bla. I coudnt wait to get BL2, yes. AGAIN I NEVER SAID I GOT RIPPED OFF, Ftards.... GAWD. I didnt wanna buy the game over some paypal ripoff scam for $22, I just didnt trust it, so yea I paid full price. I love the game, nuff said!
FYI Im over this, but if you guys wanna troll this further feel free. And YES Sloppy I have hUge stones =D
SteventheSlayer Nov 25, 2012 @ 1:18pm 
Word of advice.
Sarcasm rarely comes across right on the internet.
Also, if all you were doing was being sarcastic, then you have wasted the time of everyone that was trying to help you.
SenseiRemo Nov 25, 2012 @ 1:30pm 
I'd have to agree with bigjguitar on this one and I do not understand why he's been jumped on by you other guys. I'd be cheesed off if I bought a product in a sale and then saw it half price the following day to. Oh wait, it just happened to me to. Batman just dropped to a fiver.
!pT0ux Nov 25, 2012 @ 2:23pm 
Me too, have purchased Batman AC GOTY 6h ago for $15 and 2h later it was on $7.49
Thats okay, the Problem is... Its end of the month and i have still no Money so i must decide beween all the nice games for only 1. and than it is horrible when the Game you have purchased drops to 50% after 2h
Satonaka Nov 25, 2012 @ 2:32pm 
I know how you feel, because I bought Dishonored on Friday when went on sale for about 44$ and now it's on Sale for 30. That 44$ was my last bit of spending money for the next two weeks and having an extra 14$ for more steam sales would've been cool.

As to people talking about having "Foresight" about the sales, How the heck are you supposed to anticipate a game that's ALREADY ON SALE going on sale for even less 2 days later.
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Nov 25, 2012 @ 2:40pm 
Originally posted by Satonaka the Wanderer:
I know how you feel, because I bought Dishonored on Friday when went on sale for about 44$ and now it's on Sale for 30. That 44$ was my last bit of spending money for the next two weeks and having an extra 14$ for more steam sales would've been cool.

As to people talking about having "Foresight" about the sales, How the heck are you supposed to anticipate a game that's ALREADY ON SALE going on sale for even less 2 days later.

Very easily.. if there is a flash or daily during an event there is a possibility that the game you want may get cheaper during a flash or daily. The only way you cannot foresee this is if you have little to no experience with major steam sales.
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; Nov 25, 2012 @ 2:40pm
SteventheSlayer Nov 25, 2012 @ 2:40pm 
Originally posted by Satonaka the Wanderer:
Because of a rudimentary knowledge of how the sales work on Steam.
If your game is on sale for a small amount, wait until the last day to see if it goes as a daily/flash sale. Then, if it doesn't, you can still buy it fo a reasonably 33% or so.
Jacy Kururugi Nov 25, 2012 @ 4:04pm 
usually around steam sales, if you see the game you want on sale but its not on the day special or flash specials, you just wait. the sale item will stay the same till the sale week is over. like i saw skyrimf or 33% off and just waited and saw that its now 50% and bought it right away
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 24, 2012 @ 10:00pm