******* to be deleted Nov 21, 2012 @ 3:08am
Thanks to Steam for NOTHING!!!!!
Firstly, I would like to thank Steam for a great game, HL2DM, I run a server, and have a great bunch or regulars who enjoy our nightly fragfests, but what we DONT APPRECIATE ONE BIT is steam sending out pointless, useless updates that disrupt, interfere, and ruin all of our mods that make the game fun.. nobody can understand why these useless updates come out on a regular basis and totally stuff a game that is running fine. My server costs me money and time to run,so are steam going to cover the cost of my server while nobody can get int othe game? Probably not, so how about a worldwide lawsuit against Steam, for the inconvenience caused and loss of enjoyment of a great game?
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Vulpine Vixen Nov 21, 2012 @ 4:00am 
*Sigh.* If they didn't update, patch and support games people would complain that Valve have abandoned their games. Steam can't do right for doing wrong.

No, you can't take them to court. If you read the user agreement you'd see that Steam is used 'as is' and that inludes any flaws, or bugs, that you feel the software itself may have.

We run servers. If you don't like the commitment of running one, stop doing so. They need a lot of work, time and money. Even if you offer a service for free people will still expect you to admin it like it was paid for.

Take issue with the people who make the mods. They need to ensure that they keep their mods updated to work with newer versions. If a mod remains unsupported then don't use it. Steam is not responsble for 3rd party mods, they don't have to take them into consideration when updating a product.
Rickj Nov 21, 2012 @ 4:07am 
I always got taught...if it's not broken then don't fix it. This shoud be Steams moto in relation to Hl2DM. I can't beleive that after all the complaints and posts about Steam updates screwing up servers and creating problems, that Steam can be so ignorant as to totally ignore the comments of those who keep them employed by purchasing and supporting their products.
There should be some sort of recompense to those who have Hl2DM installed who have had to endure the continual stuff ups by Steam.
-[TDF VIP]-Gendarme Le Capitaine Nov 21, 2012 @ 4:14am 
I agree, I too pay a waiter(server) for nothing because of updated useless we cannot play.
Let us make a world trial, they deceive(abuse)!!
SteventheSlayer Nov 21, 2012 @ 8:02am 
Originally posted by -TDF- GENDARME RECRUTE:
I agree, I too pay a waiter(server) for nothing because of updated useless we cannot play.
Let us make a world trial, they deceive(abuse)!!
This is getting ludacrise. They have not decieved you, nor have they abused you. The put a stupid update on a game that accidently messed with it. That's is it.
A Paul Heyman Guy™ Nov 21, 2012 @ 10:20am 
This has no relation to HL2:DM but uhhh, yeah I agree steam intterupts games, while we are playing them forcing us to shut down and wait for the update to be installed. But your seriously gonna take Valve or steam, or whatever, to court? (if you can), Good Luck. (I'm being serious).
Tito Shivan Nov 21, 2012 @ 11:45am 
Originally posted by {DRB} ßãƉ ƦǎȚ!:
are steam going to cover the cost of my server while nobody can get int othe game? Probably not, so how about a worldwide lawsuit against Steam, for the inconvenience caused and loss of enjoyment of a great game?
In which part of Steam Subscriber agreement or software EULA is stated that you are guaranteed uptime on the software?

Anyway, go ahead and sue them, that would be fun to hear in the news.
BTW, if you are american you actually can't join a CAL against them...

Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2012 @ 3:08am