Siegex7 24. okt. 2012 kl. 19:32
sales sucking lately
Are we gearing up for a big fall event soon or something? The steam sales have been sucking big time lately. metascore wise whats with all the bottom rated 57/100, 52/100 61/100 daily sale crap that Steam is pushing recently. come on decent sales.
< >
Viser 1-12 af 12 kommentarer
Felix 24. okt. 2012 kl. 20:37 
They can't win.
Put a variety of different games on sale: "Nothing but crap".
Put the same good games on sale that you already have: "Nothing but the same old sales".

What do you want them to do? Whatever they do there's always people who moan.
The Girl Who Waited 24. okt. 2012 kl. 21:40 
Majority of daily sales are always so-so games, but a lot are also games you'd never think of playing but look interesting. Also, did you just forget about Witcher 2 being on sale, and the AC franchise, and the GTA game, and Sleeping Dogs being half off?
dirrtymartini 24. okt. 2012 kl. 21:49 
Steam Sales suck? Are you high? Over the last 12 months, there have been truly AMAZING discounts and sales on almost every popular game in the Steam Inventory. Even that bag of crap called "Farming Simulator 2013" is on sale RIGHT NOW.
Tito Shivan 25. okt. 2012 kl. 2:31 
You not liking the games on sale does not equal the sales sucks. A man's crap is another man's treasure.

Opinions are like asses, we all have one.

Steam can't please everybody.
 KARR™ 25. okt. 2012 kl. 5:52 
Oprindeligt skrevet af dirrtygsharp:
Steam Sales suck? Are you high? Over the last 12 months, there have been truly AMAZING discounts and sales on almost every popular game in the Steam Inventory. Even that bag of crap called "Farming Simulator 2013" is on sale RIGHT NOW.

And with a lot of items "on sale" is still 25% more expensive than ... another leading game selling online store.
Why not just shop at the places that are offering better deals? I don't understand this whole "Steam or Nothing" philosophy so many people have.
Seraphita 25. okt. 2012 kl. 12:25 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Dirtman73:
Why not just shop at the places that are offering better deals? I don't understand this whole "Steam or Nothing" philosophy so many people have.
That's because having many game programs is simply stupid and big mess of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. I don't freaking want a steam library of games AND another library of games elsewhere AND another AND another... It's a waste of time and it's stupid. As for myself, I chose steam as my game center and I stick with it. If you want many gaming programs for your tons of games, good for you. If we were in a time where games were as easy as putting a cd in my driver and installing it, I'd have no issue with all this mess. In fact, we would not even be talking about it.
dirrtymartini 25. okt. 2012 kl. 19:24 
Oprindeligt skrevet af KARR:
Oprindeligt skrevet af dirrtygsharp:

And with a lot of items "on sale" is still 25% more expensive than ... another leading game selling online store.

They might be 25% more expensive at the moment...but over the long run (a full year), Steam wins big. Shop around if you want a discount now...but if you can wait for the next Steam sale, you won't regret it.
dirrtymartini 25. okt. 2012 kl. 19:28 

For me, its about supporting the platform that has consistantly delivered amazing games, absurd sales, and supported the PC gaming community. I don't just talk the talk either -- I'm a 7yr customer with over $4k invested.

Still, "Steam or Nothing" isn't my mantra. If a game is available elsewhere, I'll gladly give it a look. Vendor G, Vendor A, and even Vendor E will get my money if they offer a game not available on Steam.
Wendschlag 25. okt. 2012 kl. 20:28 
I think it's lost the pizazz it had back in 2011 when they had some huge sales.
Oprindeligt skrevet af Sera:
That's because having many game programs is simply stupid and big mess of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. I don't freaking want a steam library of games AND another library of games elsewhere AND another AND another... It's a waste of time and it's stupid. As for myself, I chose steam as my game center and I stick with it. If you want many gaming programs for your tons of games, good for you. If we were in a time where games were as easy as putting a cd in my driver and installing it, I'd have no issue with all this mess. In fact, we would not even be talking about it.

Your attitude can be dependant on how much effort you're willing to put into a library of games that have multiple sources.

Here's what I do: I keep a master list of all my games, their serial key #s, where they came from, whether I have a hard copy of them, and whether or not they need a dowload client. Every time I get a new game I make a new entry. For each installed game, I keep a shortcut on my desktop (easy enough to organize with a UI program like Fences). The whole process only takes half a minute.

I'm not limited by specific retailers and whatever client they're using. I get the best deals because I shop around and do my homework. Best of all, if my access to a particular client is somehow limited or cut off (it happened with Direct2Drive, and it can happen with Steam), I've still got access to a whole slew of other games.

More power to you if you think Steam is the final solution, but some of us like having options.
Seraphita 25. okt. 2012 kl. 23:28 
More power to you if you think Steam is the final solution, but some of us like having options.
I have nothing against what you said but this. I never said it was the final solution, I said it was a choice. This choice is what I stick with to limit myself from having too many games from too many places. Steam games are not the only games I have... I also have doujins, some indies and you know... console games. Just with Steam, I think I have too many games and too little time to play it all, already. Then you have mmorpgs and why not, flash games (because I play some).

If I was able to divide myself and play ALL the games I have at once then maybe I'd think about getting stuff from elsewhere since I would be lacking in games fast enough. No really, I am filled with just steam and happy with it.
< >
Viser 1-12 af 12 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato opslået: 24. okt. 2012 kl. 19:32