Xoulian Sep 10, 2012 @ 7:30am
Dota 2 and the Russians
Hello, I am brining this to attention because it makes me frustrated to see wild russians in every single pub match to enter.

There is a russian region, I am well aware, but the problem is that the russians dont use it, and still play on the EU ones.

The russian stereotype gamer is usually frustrated, angry and rarely speaks understandable English, and is completely clueless over what is actually going on around him and how he can improve the situation.
The ones reasonable enough to speak english are arrogant by an extreme and thus again impossible to talk with.

I demand a way to avoid people you dont want to play with, looking at them in masses. This post has nothing to do with anyone induvidual russian player personally, but I cannot let their stereotype ruin this game community, like any other.
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
Cryder Sep 10, 2012 @ 7:59am 
The Russians might have their own server, but it is located FURTHER away from Russia than the Europe server is, rendering it a complete waste. There are also several Russians that are polite, theres no way to keep "bad russians" away better than the low priority system. You can't just lock them to the Russia server either because, as we all know, NOBODY likes restricted regions. And, if there are so many bad russians, would you really want to trap the good, and awesome ones together with them? The furthest you can go is probably a downvote system, but that would just be abused. Just remember to report, and everything will be fine.
Xoulian Sep 10, 2012 @ 8:04am 
Thats why I suggest some sort of option to be added, which matches you with people from europe alone excluding russia. Or something similar...
Cryder Sep 10, 2012 @ 8:08am 
Again, that would be region restriction, which quite frankly, nobody likes. Either way, it wouldn't save you from bad players from other countries. They are everywhere you know.
sonic youth Sep 10, 2012 @ 8:24am 
Я не понимаю, что тут написано выше, но присоединяюсь.
Xoulian Sep 10, 2012 @ 8:29am 
THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOU...
Rixoli Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:45am 
So your upset over a problem that has plagued (in my opinion) far more interesting games? Starcraft: Brood war had a SERIOUS problem with Koreans in American servers for example. Most didn't speak english (and there was no way to translate it with people whom didnt).

Everyone has a crowd of people they hate for whatever reason in gaming, whether its because of nationality or play-style. Everyone is going to hate something at some point, its the way of life, deal with it.
Fame Sep 10, 2012 @ 11:03am 
^Killed your post. Nice one.
Lomeo Sep 10, 2012 @ 11:16am 
Meh, it's mostly just a silly generalization. As far as thing goes, every single online community has some sort of "cancer" that kills the joy of... whatever this community does. If it wouldn't be the russians, it would be something else~
Xoulian Sep 10, 2012 @ 12:35pm 
Roxim, obviously you dont seem to care of what happens with the communtiy of any games and see them all as any other general community. Neither do you seem to take gaming all that serious.

I would suggest you not putting yourself inmidst of topics than dont concern you.

And Lomeo, thats why I brought this up, as a community to prevent the cancer and somehow fix it...but people are generally too stupid to even discuss the problem, looking back at Roxim.
Last edited by Xoulian; Sep 10, 2012 @ 12:35pm
Lomeo Sep 10, 2012 @ 12:53pm 
Roxim has a valid point. The problem inside people's heads, you simply can't cure it. It's like making people realise that racism is quite a stupid thing, there's no way that you can make that happen other than controlling your own behaviour.
That's just my opinion of course, feel free to disagree with it. But I don't know what else you can say on this topic.
Euregan Nov 11, 2012 @ 3:27am 
Why not just remove acrilic support on non-russian servers ? Polite english-speaking russians would not be bothered, and annoying russo-russians would not be able to speak. That would at least lower the spam
Xoulian Nov 11, 2012 @ 5:45am 
Yes! That would be lovely!

Thats a brilliant idea my good man, just what I was looking for.
madzec Nov 11, 2012 @ 9:51am 
Actualy removing cyrilic support would prolly not best solution but would be one of better ones. (I also use cyrilic in my country and yet we can write on any cyrilic or latinic alphabet) It might reduce number of them but wouldnt remove em 100% for sure... though probably for start wouldnt be bad at all
Xoulian Nov 11, 2012 @ 9:53am 
What other method could you suggest then?
madzec Nov 11, 2012 @ 10:00am 
Probably some sort of exam that players have to do, but not constantly with same questions (because then they would just learn them up) but something that only persons who understand and can speak english could do... maybe I am goin a bit extreme here but still as soon as I see entire teams communicate withc each other. And not simply refusing to communicate with you totaly... I would be pleased. Now as soon as there are 2 of Russian people they just "forget" english even if they did used it 5 min ago...
Removing cyrilic would be a harsh start, but sadly it seems that is becoming more and more required...
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2012 @ 7:30am