I'm Batman 6 sept 2012 à 9h29
Pharaoh:Cleopatra
Anyone play Pharaoh: Cleopatra? I loved this game so much. I want to get a more updated version that will run on my laptop...the one I have now can't match the graphic card and takes up a lot of space. Any one know where I can find one that's good for a laptop/PC? If Steam had it, I'd jump all over it.
The game is a simulation/strategy game more or less, published by Sierra Studios and developed by Impressions Games. It fueled my interest in Egypt lore and civilization. My grandfather got it for me when I was 11 before he passed away. I have really good memories playing this game. Now at 23, I still love this game...just I can't play it. I think Steam has similar games revolving around Rome, but I'd like to find something more like Pharaoh: Cleopatra.
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 7 sur 7
< >
βeta Labs 6 sept 2012 à 9h41 
I played that game long time ago, i probably still have the CD somewhere :P. GOG usually sells old games with fixes/patches to work in modern computers (Not sure if this is what you're looking for) http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/pharaoh_cleopatra
Dernière modification de βeta Labs; 6 sept 2012 à 9h42
I'm Batman 6 sept 2012 à 9h51 
Awesome! :D Thanks! Its what I was looking for! You're awesome!
Snow Phoenix 5 déc 2012 à 16h55 
Steam USED to have it but for some reason it was taken down ><
finally managed to get my cd version to install on win7 and my laptop but it doesnt seem to like my laptop much and crashes about 20mins in, if you ever tried the gog link let me know?
I'm Batman 6 déc 2012 à 12h03 
I did try it and it works great. Still has the same bugs and stuff as from the old game...like they wanted to keep everything the same. I am loving it. I love the game. Try it.
Ragan 6 déc 2012 à 18h32 
I don't know of any graphics problems with recent cards on Pharaoh, but I haven't installed it on this computer. Great old game, probably the best of the series. If you haven't played it, you should also check out Caesar III...it's the same engine, the same basic idea, only set in Rome. Pharaoh is actually the followup to Caesar 3.

Sadly, the series didn't follow up well on Pharaoh. There were two more games, one set in Greece (Zeus: Master of Olympus) and one set in China (I can't remember the name). They were disappointing, and lacked the fun of the earlier games.

The team split into different companies, making several different games. Caesar IV was released, but it wasn't well received. I never played it. Some of the Impressions team later designed CivCity Rome, a fusion of Civilization and Caesar. I have not played this one either. Some of the people who made Pharaoh later worked on Children of The Nile. It's a very similar game to Pharaoh.
HazySarkany 7 déc 2012 à 8h02 
I really enjoyed Pharoah too.

I think you want "Children of the Nile" too, Batman. It is a good game, and was recently on sale, and should be in the Christmas sale for sure:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17100/

My understanding is that when the Impressions studio was reformed or reorganized, Tilted Mill was founded by largely the same team. They have about 4 good games on Steam, check them out Children of the Nile, Mosby's Confederacy, Alexandria, and Hinterland. All are worth a look.

Dernière modification de HazySarkany; 7 déc 2012 à 8h05
I'm Batman 7 déc 2012 à 13h29 
Man, I'll have to check the games out. Thanks for all the info. I had wondered what happened to Impressions.
Thanks again, guys.
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 7 sur 7
< >
Par page : 15 30 50