Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Steam Community > Подробности за темата
Communicate! Now!
Hello there. So i have this one big problem when i'm around steam.
I have quite a handful of games, but most of them i hardly even play because of one problem - i don't have anyone to play them with.
Sure there are people in my friendlist, but if a person is not interesting then it's obviously not fun to play together, so would there be some witty and sociable people willing to spend time with me and help me clean up that library of unfinished games?

This might sound like i'm a terrible person, but i'm just tired of removing people who can barely muster up anything interesting to say and just 'lol' all the time. It's not fun.

Thank you for the responses!
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 23 коментара
The problem with online friends that it is very hard to find compatible time to play the games together. Every person has different duties, studies or work to do and no one wants to plan their life around gaming times.

I would say, try to find friends IRL who like to play games, you get to know them better and their gaming habits, also you are in the same timezone. I found 3 friends in my local internet cafe, we play Starcraft 2 several times a month(we meet in there). We like playing with each other because we see what kind of people we are etc., while online friends feel like "imaginary".
Последно редактиран от Trade-01; 19 септ. 2013 в 19:45
Първоначално публикувано от YautjaZealot:
The problem with online friends that it is very hard to find compatible time to play the games together. Every person has different duties, studies or work to do and no one wants to plan their life around gaming times.

I would say, try to find friends IRL who like to play games, you get to know them better and their gaming habits, also you are in the same timezone. I found 3 friends in my local internet cafe, we play Starcraft 2 several times a month(we meet in there). We like playing with each other because we see what kind of people we are etc., while online friends feel like "imaginary".

Even when you do find people you can play with, there's still a huge chance you'll end up disliking each other.

RL friends aren't really an option for some people, though.
I play with my zombies regularly. They aren't very good at FPS games and they suck at strategy...and they're really slow at sports. And...it's true that they don't talk much, can't muster a witty comment to save a rotting appendage, and they tend to eat on the NPCs, but they are the only company that will put up with me...

That is until we play a zombie-horror-survival game...then I get confused and, well...kill them sometimes...
i am just about online everywaking momment of my day so you can chat me up or invite me to play id be happy to do either, feel free to add me, i play l4d2 frequently, nothing forges better friendships then a zombie apocalypse xD, i also have a mic and i am on skype my skype name is alphamuomega. :)
Последно редактиран от Creator Destroyer; 21 септ. 2013 в 2:50
Dude...you wouldn't want me as a friend. I am grouchy, moody, I bathe irregularly. In most mutli-games I talk forever, in Co-op I'm a coward, ("...you go first." "No, you go first." "No, YOU go first!") I live under a bridge and eat billy goats...gruffly. If there was a title I suppose I would be a trollologist, (trollist-ta-tist?) eh...

thanks for the offer though, but kinda of like the OP, I find it hard to 'group up'...that explains the zombies I pal around with. Most of them don't understand witty and urbane conversation, they just nod their heads until the tendons in their necks rot...and the heads fall off....

heh.
Първоначално публикувано от YautjaZealot:
The problem with online friends that it is very hard to find compatible time to play the games together.
I would say, try to find friends IRL who like to play games.

Yeah, that might be true, i'm not saying I don't have a single person I know in real life that would play an online game, I do, but sometimes you need a little bit of more variety in your gaming. Getting to know interesting people is always a plus.

Първоначално публикувано от Viradisleep:

Even when you do find people you can play with, there's still a huge chance you'll end up disliking each other.
RL friends aren't really an option for some people, though.

There's always a huge chance of disliking someone, but I personally don't even get a chance to like someone since after a brief talk I can pretty much say I won't have that much fun with a person.
I'm not saying i'm the best converser or anything, it's just there are different types of people that play games and I can't find the type that I think would be fun.

Първоначално публикувано от BeeMo:
I play with my zombies regularly.

That's what I wanna avoid. The zombie gamers, but i'm glad you're having some fun atleast.
I only play single player games, so I get to play with myself....wait, that did not come out the way I meant it. That is wit. Or at least I am half right.
Последно редактиран от d7602002; 21 септ. 2013 в 6:31
Fleshrip,

Think of it this way: when playing with zombies you can be rest assured that yours will always be the highest score. When it comes to loot you can always be first to get the best stuff, and if not...well, it's rather easy to screw them in a trade because most of them hardly know a rock from a gem. And, in PvP, it really pads your score because they have no concept of 'cover', they just shuffle on out into the open and BANG, another zombie kill worth a few hundred points...

cheers...

Първоначално публикувано от d7602002:
I only play single player games, so I get to play with myself....wait, that did not come out the way I meant it. That is wit. Or at least I am half right.
You know what you did!
I personally just want to have fun with people that know how to have fun.
Not about scores, not about steam level, not about achievements, i never understood that kind of stuff, to be honest.
So playing with zombies is pretty much out of the question for me.
I do play alot of single player games too, but sometimes you want that extra company in certain games.
Първоначално публикувано от Fleshrip:
I personally just want to have fun with people that know how to have fun.
Not about scores, not about steam level, not about achievements, i never understood that kind of stuff, to be honest.
So playing with zombies is pretty much out of the question for me.
I do play alot of single player games too, but sometimes you want that extra company in certain games.
I'm the same way. Which games?
Goodness... you are taking what I say much too literally. I was just trying to be lighthearted because you seemed so down...I don't play with zombies, and I don't consider those I do play with as zombies, it is apparent that my words were taken that way. Forgive me if my humour offended you, or anyone, in anyway.

The best way I have found to make friends with people interested in a specific game you are playing is to actually make friends in that specific game. It's hard to take people who you met playing one thing and asking them to go to something else, chances are they want to do what you met them doing more than that so take that into account.
Първоначално публикувано от Viradis:
I'm the same way. Which games?

Pretty much anything. I enjoy any game as long as there's decent company.
Games can range from Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil 5, 6, Call Of Duty, Counter Strike, Trine, Magicka, Terraria, Torchlight, FEAR 3 and all the other co-op games since i really really love co-op.

Първоначално публикувано от BeeMo:
Goodness... you are taking what I say much too literally.
Hey, you didn't offend me in any way, if the way i responded seemed like i was offended then you'd be really surprised how i am when i'm actually angry, haha.
I didn't take it serious in any way, i was just saying how i like to play games, it's all good.

Първоначално публикувано от Nya`:
The best way I have found to make friends with people interested in a specific game you are playing.

That's true, but most of the community can be dead silent.
Hey, if you like co-op, try Warframe, it's pretty cool... If you decide to try it, look me up, I'm BeeMoe, (with an 'e'). The clan I run with is called the Blood Factory, and we accept anyone (even zombies!).
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 23 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Steam Community > Подробности за темата
Дата на публикуване: 19 септ. 2013 в 18:34
Публикации: 23