skillagemcmuffin Aug 8, 2013 @ 2:42pm
Steam hidden gems
I've been playing steam games a lot recently, and I've been wondering if anyone knows of fun little known games on steam, or "Hidden gems". So far I've played portal 2, terraria, and recettear, an awesome game in itself. Please If you feel like reccomending a game to me try to keep it in the same ballpark above: Not to bloody or horific. Seriously if one more person reccomends Isaac, or bioshock...
Showing 1-15 of 75 comments
< >
Meatbug Aug 8, 2013 @ 2:51pm 
i wouldn't call them hidden...but maybe these are some good suggestions:

Bastion
To the Moon
Deadlight
Mark of the Ninja
The Walking Dead
Rere Aug 8, 2013 @ 7:58pm 
I most certainly second To the Moon. Probably one of the best hidden gem on Steam. And I would really recommend the recent released Papers, Please. Very fun in it's own unique and quirky way.
andiegirl Aug 8, 2013 @ 8:26pm 
I agree with the poster above about Papers, Please. I haven't had time to play it a lot yet, but I've had lots of fun so far. Very unique and highly entertaining!
Jerk Sauce Aug 8, 2013 @ 9:37pm 
Fortix
Raideoul Aug 9, 2013 @ 12:19am 
If you liked Recettear ther are other games in Steam from the same author, Chantelise is an example.
«Gғм» Kid Of The Century Aug 9, 2013 @ 6:31am 
Shatter. A very enjoyable Arkanoid clone IMO.
sfnhltb Aug 9, 2013 @ 7:17am 
Cargo: Quest for Gravity. Extremely weird game, but lot of fun building you own vehicles and running around doing missions in them.

Metal Drift. Fun first person sport game (in tanks), bit like an update of Speedball. Short on multiplayer, but playing against bots isn't too bad.

Hoard. Play as a dragon, get the gold - has quite good depth of strategy for a simple game as there are a lot of trade offs.

Closure. Fun platform puzzler where the world only exists when it is lit up, so you have to manipulate all the light sources correctly to get to the exit of each level.

Cogs. Puzzle game where you have to move around the parts to make machinery work (think those little tile games where you have to shuffle around the "gap" to move the picture pieces into the right place)

Flight Control HD. Land the planes. Don't let them crash. Gets very hectic as time goes on and you have 15+ planes on screen at once.

Costume Quest. RPG type game with a halloween theme, so if you have the robot costume you can launch missiles at the bad guys, etc.

Solar 2. Start as a asteroid and gain mass into a planet, star, or even a black hole as you can do various missions (like a being that throws planets and later stars at you and you have to dodge them, or carefully bounce planets in a solar system to reverse their orbit, etc.)

Reus. Play as several gods bringing up life on your planet to succeed by creating resources for them to exploit (but not too many or the locals get greedy and start wars)

Scribblenauts Unlimited. Write an object in your notebook and it appears. Use this power to solve peoples problems, so you can create an ICBM to get a cat out of a tree.
Saltbeard Aug 9, 2013 @ 7:53am 
Guns of Icarus is really unique and fun as long as your crew captain has good communication. The fun in it comes from heavy-duty teamwork, though, so it may not be for everyone.
Also, it isn't out yet, but Starbound should be out this year according to the site. It's like a more space-based terraria from what I've seen.
BigAO81 Aug 9, 2013 @ 5:24pm 
Thomas Was Alone. I bought a bundle to get a couple of games that were not that great, but Thomas Was Alone was a sublime experience.
Lu2 Aug 10, 2013 @ 5:05am 
ys series
Vitdom Aug 10, 2013 @ 6:12am 
Papers, Please
Natural Selection 2
Uplink
FLY'N
Ys series
Last edited by Vitdom; Aug 10, 2013 @ 6:12am
Posivated Aug 10, 2013 @ 7:23am 
Highborn, if you like turned based strategy games. Started out in iOS and found it on steam a bit ago, very fun, and suprisingly funny.
KwijLBEAST Aug 10, 2013 @ 10:15am 
cool stuff
Voodoo Pickle Aug 10, 2013 @ 5:57pm 
Antichamber, It's a FPS puzzle game that will make your mind hurt.
Caveman Aug 11, 2013 @ 1:53pm 
Sanctum is pretty nice. Not played Sanctum 2 yet as not finished Sanctum..... Have however played Sanctum TD. If you like Tower Defence, it's a great series.

Natural Selection 2 is pretty good.

And Quake 3 (and Team Arena) are good classics.
Showing 1-15 of 75 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50