TK4EVA47 Jul 29, 2013 @ 6:27pm
Steam Trading cards and Booster packs
Recently as many of you all know, Valve introduced Trading cards and the abillity to make badges if you get a full deck of cards for a game. But only half of a deck you can get through playing the game and the other half you either buy or become eligible for booster packs. My question is why ain't I getting my booster pack, even though I'm supposed to be eligible for it?
Showing 1-15 of 95 comments
< >
Curtis@HeroesofTalon Jul 29, 2013 @ 6:37pm 
Booster packs are given out at random to people who have got all the cards they can possibly get from a game, you then are flagged as "Eligible". When you are eligible, you need to have logged onto Steam in the past week and the rest is just luck, just because you are eligible does not guarantee that you will ever recieve a booster pack, its just a chance thing. You do not even need to play more of the specific game, it'll just appear in your inventory sometime IF you recieve one.
Last edited by Curtis@HeroesofTalon; Jul 29, 2013 @ 6:38pm
dapsykotik Jul 29, 2013 @ 6:38pm 
Because you're not the only one eligible and there is only a small number of packs generated from badges compared to people eligible?
Glitts2g 세상에 GG Jul 30, 2013 @ 12:35am 
As long as you log on weekly you're supossably eligible for boster packs from what I read?
sfnhltb Jul 30, 2013 @ 3:37am 
Assuming the drop rate I have had of boosters is representative, it would suggest a drop rate of about 1 booster per eligible game per year or maybe each 18 months, something along those lines. So if you have about ~12 games that are card enabled, assuming you have got all the starting cards from them, would mean you might expect to get about 1 booster per month or two, but randomly (so it might be 3-6 months between them, then you might get two within a couple of week).

Note that I have only have a few boosters myself, so there is a lot of uncertainty (I could have been lucky, or unlucky, and just one or two more or less would make a big difference in the implied rate). There is also a lot of other assumptions - for example that badge crafting and thus booster creation is going to stay at the same level as in the past, but given the initial rush this might well be wrong, it might drop significantly and thus it would take even longer between boosters.
Chizu Jul 30, 2013 @ 3:57am 
Your level also affects your chances of receiving a booster pack.
As it is, I've gotten like, 3. Its totally random when you get one, obviously the more games you've gotten eligible and the higher your steam level the better your chances of something landing in your inventory.
But I wouldn't go holding your breath, as they are few and far between.
Spawn of Totoro Jul 30, 2013 @ 6:44am 
Originally posted by Chizu:
Your level also affects your chances of receiving a booster pack.
As it is, I've gotten like, 3. Its totally random when you get one, obviously the more games you've gotten eligible and the higher your steam level the better your chances of something landing in your inventory.
But I wouldn't go holding your breath, as they are few and far between.

The number of eligable games doesn't matter. It basicaly happens on two random "drawings". First to decide if you get a booster, second to decide what booster you get. So someone with two eligible games is just as likely as someone with 20 eligible games (assuming level is the same).

I agree with the rest though.
TK4EVA47 Jul 30, 2013 @ 11:48am 
Hmmm kinda understand but want to know, has anyone of you got a booster pack?
IsmalDovisally Jul 30, 2013 @ 11:56am 
VALVE Clarify :

Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack
containing 3 additional cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.
TK4EVA47 Jul 30, 2013 @ 11:58am 
Yeah but it's not like I can make everyone create badges
Malt_Hitman Jul 30, 2013 @ 10:56pm 
I got a Terraria booster pack.

So far it was just one booster pack out my eligible games.
TK4EVA47 Jul 31, 2013 @ 11:18am 
How many games are you eligible for?
Malt_Hitman Jul 31, 2013 @ 10:21pm 
At the time I received it I believe only 4 games.
johnweythek Jul 31, 2013 @ 10:45pm 
i have farmed ALL my games, i am eligible on about 20 different games. though, i did sell all my cards, my steam level is measured in the dollars i made from what is basically a small jpeg. anyway, seen no booster pack, hurry up steam, i wanna sell all them too.
APerfectCircle Aug 1, 2013 @ 12:38am 
I've gotten two, so have two of my friends
sfnhltb Aug 1, 2013 @ 1:47am 
I have had 5 so far, but then I am eligible for about 80 games, which suggests less than one booster per year per game, so they seem extremely rare unless I have been unlucky. I could see them getting even rarer now the initial rush of badge completions has been done.
Showing 1-15 of 95 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2013 @ 6:27pm