Jai Deliete 25 июл, 2013 в 17:52
Badge Displacement
When you level a badge up, you gain a badge with (Usually? Always?) different artwork than the initial badge. The problem (As I see it) is, the former badge is totally obliterated. You can't see it or display it.

As an example, let's say I have the Orange Knight badge from Castle Crashers. I could level the badge further and gain the Pink Knight, but the Orange Knight is my favorite knight! I would want to display it even after out-leveling it, if I could!

I don't know a whole lot about badges, but I do know that I like the icons for some badges more than some other icons, and that I lose these icons entirely if I actually put the effort (And, often, money) into leveling these badges up.

Does Valve not want me to level badges past my favorite badge icon (Which is a crapshoot if I can't see, wiki, or otherwise determine what the available badges even are)? Why doesn't Valve show EVERY badge you've earned, as opposed to just the top tiered badges among them?

Does anyone agree that they should keep old badges around for your list of badges, or wish they would? Am I just missing out on some enlightening information?
Показано 111 из 11 комментариев
< >
Marko 25 июл, 2013 в 18:03 
I agree,

I think that once someone has leveled up a badge they should be given the choice whether they would like to display the First model or the Second, third etc. (leveled up one.) for that badge.

Последний раз отредактировал Marko; 1 авг, 2013 в 5:28
Press ► 25 июл, 2013 в 18:06 
Agreed. Good idea. I think the badges page in general needs some work. It still uses the format from when people only had a few badges like years of service and other common ones. Now that we have all these game badges as well, I think the badges page could do with a serious makeover.
Elethio "China" Burton 1 авг, 2013 в 2:05 
100% agree

Reeeally want to display my lower level badges too.

some of them just have better artwork than the later ones, and theres no way to see what the later ones will look like until you craft them.

MannyDont 20 сен, 2013 в 16:47 
I also agree. It would eliminate the desire to upgrade the badge if you don't like the newer artwork.
sara_bear 21 сен, 2013 в 10:52 
It's because the cost of your new badge is the card set and your old badge.
Последний раз отредактировал sara_bear; 21 сен, 2013 в 10:52
Mack Daddy 22 сен, 2013 в 0:58 
Agreed
BolognaHooker 22 сен, 2013 в 9:45 
+1 A choice on wich badge design to display would be cool. We did after all pay for them and spend the time to collect them.
blue jello 22 сен, 2013 в 11:06 
It would be nice to also have larger badges than the 80x80 presently offered, I can hardly see them.
Azrael 6 фев в 1:53 
I agree. I just started with the badges, but after forging the Level 2 for Skyrim badge, I found out that I lost the Level 1 "Iron" badge forever. I wanted to reach Level 5 "Daedric", but keep using the Level 2 "Steel" because is the badge I most prefer of them all.

I thought that you "created" a new badge of higher level while keeping the previous ones, not replacing them forever with the new badge... I'm very disappointed with this terrible decision
Alcatraz 6 фев в 9:54 
Agreed
Noil 19 фев в 11:45 
Definitely agree. I think it should be as you progress you unlock more options to choose what the badge can look like and you can change it at any time. It could still have the exp you put into it displayed, it would just look like whatever you decide it to be. You would think that something like this wouldn't be hard to implement and doesn't really affect anything other than making Steam users happier about upgrading badges. Someone should talk to a Steam representative about this. There is no negative outcome. I upgraded a badge without knowing I would lose the previous version. I really want it back.
Показано 111 из 11 комментариев
< >
На страницу: 15 30 50
Дата создания: 25 июл, 2013 в 17:52