Mephistocrat Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:42am
Repeat sales...yet again.
I have voted every 8 hours since the Summer Sale began. I have monitored the Flash Sales every eight hours, whether it be 10 AM, 6 PM, or 2 AM, and I check the daily sales around 10 AM every day. Same ♥♥♥♥, different scent. I'm over it. It's my first Summer Sale and, although I have spent nearly $200, I am more disappointed by it than I am pleased by it. Seems more hype than anything else and they even made us wait for the sale after the Fourth of July, yet only reward us with...fluffy cards? I'm beginning to second-guess my chosen means of acquiring games now.
Last edited by Mephistocrat; Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:20am
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Surreal Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:50am 
I know extacly what you mean killustrator. I have barley seen any games so far on the sale that I have yet wanted. Still is it even worth the money spent just to get trading cards? To me just worthless.....Thought Steam was better then this.
Discussions_Acc Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:53am 
And if they wouldn't repeat sales people would whine day in day out that they missed a sale, demanding a repeat.
That's exactly what happened during an earlier sale.
Mephistocrat Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:53am 
I don't usually complain. The first 5 days of the sale were great; however, the last few days have been a huge disappointment to me. I was hoping to clear my entire Wish List in hopes that I could start pre-ordering new games and paying full price. I'm beginning to feel pathetic at the sheer amount of time I waste on monitoring sales only to be rewarded with repeats, etc. Truth be told, this sale should have ended days ago, if they're just going to be doing repeat sales. Due to the sale, they won't be introducing any new games until the 23rd too.
Mephistocrat Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:55am 
Yeah. Well, if they were truly hardcore gamers, they would monitor the sales, or, at least, download the mobile application so they can purchase on the go like I do. I went on a 3k mile roadtrip last month, yet I was still purchasing daily and weekly sale deals from my cell phone. You snooze, you lose. That's how I feel about it.

Originally posted by Discussions_Acc:
And if they wouldn't repeat sales people would whine day in day out that they missed a sale, demanding a repeat.
Fairway Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:04am 
There should be repeats only once, and nearing the end of the sale. Also, perhaps get a notification when a favoured game arrives on sale.
Anonemesis Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:11am 

O_o 48 hours for main deals is quite enough

as for flash and community we don't need the same games 5x's

What is really annoying is I have over 100 games on my wishlist and have received no notification of such games being on sale despite them being usually it sends me a email
Mephistocrat Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:17am 
I haven't gotten a single notification of the games on my Wish List either. We basically have two Daily Sales left, yet my Wish List is still littered with 15 games that I would gladly buy if they were discounted more, or at all. STALKER has never gone on sale. Not once. Mafia II, which has been on sale in the past, hasn't been on that large of a sale this Summer, nor has Quake 4. I know it's too much to ask that Call of Duty titles be discounted anymore than 25 - 50% off, but I'd be a happy camper if I could just land myself STALKER, Mafia II and Quake 4. Then, I'd be all set to start dumping my money into brand new releases. I believe in Steam. I like what they do and I prefer to support them over Origin and rival companies, but this is, well, just a bit sad. Even the old Fallout titles are still 50% off and 1 & 2 are VERY old in terms of video games these days.

Originally posted by exileofdreamz:

O_o 48 hours for main deals is quite enough

as for flash and community we don't need the same games 5x's

What is really annoying is I have over 100 games on my wishlist and have received no notification of such games being on sale despite them being usually it sends me a email
Mephistocrat Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:19am 
Personally, I don't think there should be any repeats. I think repeats should fall under the Community Choice only. Let the Community decide what they want a repeat sale on, in case they missed a previous Daily or Flash Sale.
Teaspoon Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:20am 
Yeah as I said in a post a few days ago, it seems that we have 25 games that are in constant rotation between vote, flash, and daily with a rare gem being thrown in every once in a while.

Overall the sale has been extremely "meh", but that isn't entirely Steam's fault either *cough*stepitupdevelopers*cough*
Lovepiesomuch Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:24am 
Some of these repeats are ridiculous though. I've seen things like Left 4 Dead 2, Skyrim, and Civ 5 on sale 3 times. I missed a couple of the flash sales so it might be even more. I think they should just have a really huge daily sale including all the repeats on only the last day.
TheAtomicBunny Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:26am 
lol yeah
CW Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:28am 
Not 7 times. No need for a game to go on sale repeatedly 5-8 times
Flower Doge Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:43am 
Repetitiveness is obviously Valve's new motto
Tito Shivan Jul 21, 2013 @ 4:12am 
Valve makes no sale repeat....People whine.
Valve repeats Sales...People whine.
Valve extends sale times... People whine.
Valve set strict sale times... People whine
Whiners gonna whine.
It's a war they can't win.

If the game you're looking for has not been on sale, or has been for a really low ammount... Blame the game publisher.
daretobecupid Jul 21, 2013 @ 4:29am 
I've thoroughly enjoyed this sale so far, but then I'm a newly-minted Steam user, so this is my first encounter with the kind of prices the Steam Summer Sale offers.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:42am