muckymucks Jul 20, 2013 @ 11:16pm
It's bad when the top selling game isn't a daily deal
Final Fantasy is the top selling game and the featured game, Prison Architect, isn't even in the top 3.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Gus the Crocodile Jul 20, 2013 @ 11:22pm 
So, uh, why is that bad?
Irregular Seconds Jul 20, 2013 @ 11:22pm 
People have been waiting and waiting for ff7 to go on sale, now it has, so this doesn't surprise me in the least. Even though square has sold it on their site for much less, and the without Steam DRM, but...

Either way I don't think it's necessarily bad in any respect. Really, I think it's fairly impressive that it seems to be holding its own with some strong competition.
L-r | Canti Jul 20, 2013 @ 11:23pm 
Originally posted by muckymucks:
Final Fantasy is the top selling game and the featured game, Prison Architect, isn't even in the top 3.

You're comparing an unfinished indie game to Final Fantasy 7. What do you expect?
Irregular Seconds Jul 20, 2013 @ 11:25pm 
Originally posted by Canti:
You're comparing an unfinished indie game to Final Fantasy 7. What do you expect?
I'd expect FF7 to be doing a lot worse considering how old the bloody thing is. I'd be willing to bet that most of the people picking it, already have the PS original, probably have never finished it, and will never play it or will play it and put it down within less than an hour. Nostalgia's a ♥♥♥♥♥.
ezwip Jul 20, 2013 @ 11:52pm 
It is the most over rated game of all time.
Irregular Seconds Jul 21, 2013 @ 12:01am 
Originally posted by ezwip:
It is the most over rated game of all time.
Yawn, please don't start down this route. It leads no where.
Jakethesnake Jul 21, 2013 @ 12:59am 
I've never played any Final Fantasy games :P
rYAN Jul 21, 2013 @ 1:10am 
Originally posted by Irregular Seconds:
People have been waiting and waiting for ff7 to go on sale, now it has, so this doesn't surprise me in the least. Even though square has sold it on their site for much less, and the without Steam DRM, but...

Either way I don't think it's necessarily bad in any respect. Really, I think it's fairly impressive that it seems to be holding its own with some strong competition.
some people are shopping with Steam Funds they've saved from selling things on the community market
Irregular Seconds Jul 21, 2013 @ 1:28am 
Originally posted by lolbertarian:
some people are shopping with Steam Funds they've saved from selling things on the community market
Some people aren't. I understand the sentiment, but I just don't care. I treat Steam wallet the same way I treat real money because it essentially is, but locked as store credit, I'd be willing to save a couple of bucks using another platform, even though I can't use the money in my Steam wallet. Besides, I haven't really met a poor person who is able to afford a gaming PC, and can't scrap together a couple of bucks over the course of a week...

On a side note, the amount of time I'd have to invest to make a couple dollars on the market simply isn't worth my time anymore -- this is coming from a guy who's made $20+ on the bloody thing.
btc Jul 21, 2013 @ 1:29am 
agreed
Agrael Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:01am 
Well i picked FF7 on GMG a week ago, with a 30% voucher
And it's true i got the PSX version, but i've played over a thousand hours on it, but i did get to the end :p
Ryan Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:31am 
If FF7 went on sale as a daily people would complain thats its 15 years old. steam cant win either way.
AaronionRings Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:51am 
It was a flash deal... Highly rated games that many want to get their hands on are obviously going to sell well when it becomes a flash, community or daily deal.

Originally posted by muckymucks:
Prison Architect, isn't even in the top 3.

Of course Prison Architect isn't in the top 3, I don't even know what the game is although I could guess from the name. You can bet a lot of others don't either and have no interest in it.

FFVII fans made a huge push to get it on PC a while back then another to get it on Steam. You've got many of them buying, people who just see the deal and think it looks interesting and those like myself who have heard so much hype about the game that they want to buy it for a decent price so they can see what the fuss is about.

It's pretty good when something that isn't a daily deal becomes a top selling game. Means people are actually scrolling down the page and looking at other deals.
Mephistocrat Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:00am 
Do they have bar of soap, liquid soap, powder soap or soap on a rope in Prison Architect? Just curious.
Peter Pan Jul 21, 2013 @ 4:16am 
I think the OP's point is that even current games cannot beat a game from 15 years ago. That speaks volumes about the quality of the games that are on sale, or the quality of modern games in general.

But FF7 WAS on a flash sale, which is why it topped sales.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 20, 2013 @ 11:16pm