The Juan Who Knocks Jul 17, 2013 @ 10:16pm
Booster Packs?
Anyone got any booster packs? And if so how rare are they to get
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Fiend Jul 17, 2013 @ 10:48pm 
Well, I just got a Stellar Impact booster pack (my first one) and I've had all my drops for 3 or 4 days. I don't really know how rare they are though. I've had all my card drops for other games longer than that.

If your hoping for a specific booster, don't hold your breath.
Space Cowboy Jul 18, 2013 @ 1:40am 
The rate at which they drop depends on your steam level. Every ten levels or so you get a higher chance of it dropping. Not sure what the exact amount is. And you have to log into steam every week to maintain the ability to get them. I just got my third booster pack today since it was implemented, if that gives you an idea.
Chiggy Jul 18, 2013 @ 3:41am 
Rare as Foils. From grinding level 8-10 with badges I only found one.
Last edited by Chiggy; Jul 18, 2013 @ 3:42am
KillerB Jul 18, 2013 @ 4:03am 
Even more rare than Foils I'd say. I got a Foil Card within the first week but have not gotten any Booster Packs yet and I have 5 games that say I'm eligible and have been for some time now.
I thought when I hit level 10 and increased my odds I'd see one soon but still waiting for my first Booster to show up.
Lostedge Jul 18, 2013 @ 4:32am 
It depends how many games you have where you gotten all the free cards. I would say they are pretty rare. Lets say you have 20 games where you are eligible of getting booster pack. In month you would get one booster pack (If you are level 10ish)

These are random numbers I pulled, but something like this probably.
Last edited by Lostedge; Jul 18, 2013 @ 4:32am
bdrilling5 Jul 18, 2013 @ 6:20am 
Originally posted by KillerB:
Even more rare than Foils I'd say. I got a Foil Card within the first week but have not gotten any Booster Packs yet and I have 5 games that say I'm eligible and have been for some time now.
I thought when I hit level 10 and increased my odds I'd see one soon but still waiting for my first Booster to show up.

Which makes me laugh a little simply because I'm the other way around. I got a boster pack within the first week or two they introduced them while I have yet to find a foil card. I guess my point is they're out there for sure. The rarity, however, is going to be speculation based on who you're talking to and their personal experience to this point.
Last edited by bdrilling5; Jul 18, 2013 @ 6:23am
The Juan Who Knocks Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:16pm 
What are foils are they just rarer cards?
SashaNagibe2000 Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:26pm 
Riled Shareef Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:50pm 
I got my first booster pack for Hotline Miami while I was playing CS:GO. They seem pretty dang rare. Every 10 steam levels you get an added 20% chance of one dropping (not sure what the default chance is if you are less than level 10). I don't know if you have to be playing any games or if you just have to be logged onto steam, either. The FAQ is a little vague about it.
ectal Jul 18, 2013 @ 5:09pm 
I believe the base chance, before the modifier, can be mathematically expressed as "haha fat chance". They should call them unicorn packs. I fully expect to see a unicorn before one of these boosters.
Ryika Jul 19, 2013 @ 4:03am 
"Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community." - so their rarity depends on how many cards the community spends. I've got 10 games with no card drops remaining (not that much, I know ^^), and I've not gotten any yet.
(eGL) Patkill Jul 31, 2013 @ 3:18am 
level 51 here only ever got 1 booster pack i have 36 games eligible for boosters so rare dosent begin to describe booster packs
ColdSun Jul 31, 2013 @ 3:56am 
I've gotten a Grid2 Booster pack, CSGO, Portal2, Half-Life2, and 1 other one that escapes me at the moment.
Lostedge Jul 31, 2013 @ 4:01am 
I think people who craft badges should get more booster packs as they are actually using the cards.
ColdSun Jul 31, 2013 @ 4:03am 
Originally posted by Hyperion:
I think people who craft badges should get more booster packs as they are actually using the cards.
They do in a way. The higher the level (which you gain from exp.. from crafting badges) increases your chance at getting them.
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 17, 2013 @ 10:16pm