People are pricing Steam emoticons WAY too low.
Take FTL for example. You can get a maximum of 4 cards with your earned drops (not counting the random chance of getting the booster pack) which means that you have to spend near a dollar to get the other 4 for the badge. When you get that badge you get an emoticon which people are pricing anywehre from $.03 for the common and uncommon ones to $.16 for uncommon ones. Thats waaaay less money than they are worth when you have to spend nearly a dollar to get them. Backgrounds also fit in to this catagory. It makes selling them so worthless and annoying.
< >
Näytetään 1-14 / 14 kommentista
Mook 17.7.2013 klo 15.09 
Discussions_Acc lähetti viestin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand
Yeah. But there are less of them than the cards that sell for more. Supply and demand would dictate that they cost more than they do given that there are less of them thatn the cards. People just dont understand the market and they crashed it. And more than likely it will never go back up since the emoticons and backgrounds never go away.
I think you are forgetting the demand bit.... Most people don't care about emoticons, therefore demand is lower than supply causing low prices.
Apparently there is no "demand" for them so you're seeing the low prices.

I still find it amazing that people actually care about the prices in the market.
Mook 17.7.2013 klo 15.19 
Vardis lähetti viestin:
Fred, you're missing half of the equation. It's not "supply", but "supply and demand".

The demand for the cards is to craft badges. There's nothing creating demand for the emoticons other than people actually wanting the emoticon.
So I did. I forgot that they have no real value to anyone cause you really dont gain anything from them. Oh well.
And here I deleted that after like 5 seconds because I noticed that I was late pointing that out...
LOL, I do that all the time!
Randver lähetti viestin:

I still find it amazing that people actually care about the prices in the market.

I know some of these kids are actually trying to make a living off of it rofl
Fozr 17.7.2013 klo 16.05 
yea i'm thinking the same. In the steam trading cards beta some markets already had to shutdown because of the low prices... It's too bad, kinda getting in to this, though, i still never have gotten a foil card nor a booster pack, and im lvl 10 :(
Sickb0y lähetti viestin:
Randver lähetti viestin:

I know some of these kids are actually trying to make a living off of it rofl

Selling virtual goods on the Steam market = serious [laughable] business.

Honestly, peeps should be more concerned about other market issues such as those damn bots buying all the cheap cards just to list them again for a quick [and again, laughable] profit [according to what I have been reading here and there] instead of complaining about other people selling their stuff too cheap >_>
The emoticons should be free, or at the very least tied to your library for ones that are game specific (are they ALL game specific?) instead of requiring you to have some special card or whatever the hell else they want you to do... :/
Zogor 17.7.2013 klo 17.53 
If they're really priced too low then then supply and demand should drive the price up.
James 17.7.2013 klo 18.14 
i like it
I put all my cards up for $10.00 all the way to $40.00! Why you ask? Cause I don't want to sell them and just want steam XP! So if someone buys my cards then they are mean! Don't be mean to me!
< >
Näytetään 1-14 / 14 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 17.7.2013 klo 15.01