Red Jester 181 Mar 9, 2013 @ 4:59am
So I think I got scammed...
So I tryed to trade a game with someone, and after sending mine, he went offline, changed his name and unfreinded me. He also deleted his posts on the discussion I started asking if anyone wanted to tradfe. Any official channerls I can go through?
Last edited by Red Jester 181; Mar 9, 2013 @ 5:00am
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Mittenz Mar 9, 2013 @ 5:57am 
If you guys were trading keys outside the official steam-trade window … Then no.
Last edited by Mittenz; Mar 9, 2013 @ 5:57am
Spawn of Totoro Mar 9, 2013 @ 6:42am 
"Steam Support requires an account that is DIFFERENT to your Steam Account, so if you don't have a Steam Support account you'll need to create one. https://support.steampowered.com/register

Once you have your Steam Support account, you'll need to create a new ticket: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php " -FrazerJC
Tito Shivan Mar 9, 2013 @ 7:39am 
You tried to trade or you actually traded something??

You can't be scammed if you never traded anything to begin with.
Spawn of Totoro Mar 9, 2013 @ 7:54am 
Originally posted by Tito Shivan:

By the sounds of it, it was a "double gifting" trade. A common scam.

OP, first rule of trading. If it doesn't fit/go in the trade window, don't do it.
Tito Shivan Mar 9, 2013 @ 8:39am 
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
Originally posted by Tito Shivan:

By the sounds of it, it was a "double gifting" trade. A common scam.

OP, first rule of trading. If it doesn't fit/go in the trade window, don't do it.
Yeah, i totally misread that part. He has indeed been scammed. He got to learn things the hard way.
Red Jester 181 Mar 9, 2013 @ 8:47am 
Yeah I actually traded it. Guess I learned the hard way. NVM, some people huh? Once bitten twice shy I suppose.
Tito Shivan Mar 9, 2013 @ 11:18am 
In any case, as Totoro said, you can (and should) report the scammer to support.
You most probably won't get your traded items back, but that liar will most probably get a trade ban.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 9, 2013 @ 4:59am