Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Steam Community > Dettagli della discussione
Wonderring about ARMA 3 BETA
Hi guys,I'm gonna buy ARMA 3 Beta and my English is not good :( so I don't understand clearly then decription of game in store, I wonder if I buy the Beta of this game, so after the beta over and the full game released, do I have to buy it again to play or just download from Steam?
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 19
No you don't have to buy it again so probably a download, when you buy the beta you bought the game...
Ultima modifica da patchill70; 6 mar 2013, ore 16:47
Thanks for mentioning ARMA3. I didn't realize it was in Alpha already. Just bought a copy. :)
Ultima modifica da dirrtymartini; 6 mar 2013, ore 18:25
thx for help, I think I'm gonna buy it
Messaggio originale di Linh_Meteorite:

That game is a beast. Bring your absolute best video card with you when you play it.
Messaggio originale di dirrtygsharp:

That game is a beast. Bring your absolute best video card with you when you play it.
So its worth picking up in alpha? I guess a gtx 670 will be fine....
Messaggio originale di patchill70:

So its worth picking up in alpha? I guess a gtx 670 will be fine....

It is absolutely worth getting the alpha. While the game is still being updated, there is more than enough to see, do, and kill. I spent the first five minutes just looking around and taking in everything. Friggin amazing.

Also, there's the whole "find a bug, get it fixed, and help make the game better" thing.
OMG, I'm downloading it now, the problem that I'm concern is that my graphics card - GT650M. I'm using a laptop to play and play ARMA 2 on normal setting with 30-40 FPS depend on mission. When I play scenario which I creat my self with hundred of unit, it pretty lag and unstable FPS, I don't understand cuz my system passes recomended system but can't play on very high setting. I just use a website to find out can I play this and it say my specs passes but I concern that problem can happen again. This is weird cuz I play BF3 on high and still get 30-45 FPS, ARMA 2 has been released for 4 or 5 years.
P/s: I'm using an i5 3210m ivy brigde, can't believe that this game performs too badly
Ultima modifica da Lã Xuân Linh; 8 mar 2013, ore 4:06
OMG, I'm downloading it now, the problem that I'm concern is that my graphics card - GT650M. I'm using a laptop to play and play ARMA 2 on normal setting with 30-40 FPS depend on mission. When I play scenario which I creat my self with hundred of unit, it pretty lag and unstable FPS, I don't understand cuz my system passes recomended system but can't play on very high setting. I just use a website to find out can I play this and it say my specs passes but I concern that problem can happen again. This is weird cuz I play BF3 on high and still get 30-45 FPS, ARMA 2 has been released for 4 or 5 years.
P/s: I'm using an i5 3210m ivy brigde, can't believe that this game performs too badly

I told you the game is a beast. It eats inferior graphics cards for breakfast. Have you seen what this game can do with the right gear? I posted a video link from PC Gamer. The in-game images are movie quality.

This isn't BF3 so comparing the two is rubbish. The game isn't performing badly. Your video card is.

Can you comment on optimization vs ARMA II?

Is it multi core optimized this time?

Thank you.

I don't understand cuz my system passes recomended system but can't play on very high setting .

Sorry you're not going to be able to play ARMA III on very high with that laptop. That just isn't going to happen.

You can't compare BF3 to ARMA III. You are comparing two vastly different engines and two games that are completely different in terms of scope.

In terms of its optimization it would depend. If the game is like ARMA II and has terrible multi core support then yes I'd say it does have terrible optimization. Because a game of this graphical nature and this big in size MUST have multi core support.
Ultima modifica da LoTekRabbit; 8 mar 2013, ore 23:50
Messaggio originale di TenClub 89:

Can you comment on optimization vs ARMA II?

Is it multi core optimized this time?

Can't comment on the optimization question. Not my area of expertise. Plus, I spent most of my ARMA III time playing tourist and just taking in the scen^H^H^Hbattlefields. They are gorgeous.
Alright no problem.

If you do have the time though can you check task manager to see how many cores its using? Would be much appreciated but it's not a problem if you don't want to.

Also, rig specs and settings you're running?

Thanks mate.

PS: Yeah it looks gorgeous. Looking forward to this one.
Ultima modifica da LoTekRabbit; 8 mar 2013, ore 22:25
Alright no problem.

If you do have the time though can you check task manager to see how many cores its using? Would be much appreciated but it's not a problem if you don't want to.

Also, rig specs and settings you're running?

Thanks mate.

PS: Yeah it looks gorgeous. Looking forward to this one.

Win8 task manager has changed a bit so this might not be helpful...

When playing the game, I saw activity on multiple cores but wasn't able to say it was all ARMA 3 with just the Win8 Task Manager. Got some pretty graphs though.

Laptop specs:

CPU: Intel i7-3930K w/6 cores
Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680M x 2
Display: 1920 x 1080

Didn't use any custom settings when starting ARMA3 though. Just learned about those a few mins ago. (-cpuCount=6 -exthreads=12, etc.) Haven't tried them though.
Thank you very much. It looks like the game does support multi core processors now but I wonder how well. Guess I'll have to buy it and see for myself.

Thanks again!
Ultima modifica da LoTekRabbit; 8 mar 2013, ore 23:56
Thank you very much. It looks like the game does support multi core processors now but I wonder how well. Guess I'll have to buy it and see for myself.

Thanks again!

Not so fast, Mister. Now you got me on this whole core optimization kick. lol

Know of any good apps (besides that eye-candy Task Manager) to measure core utilization? Something with hard numbers instead of pretty graphs? I'll work Google but since you are already here...
GETTING 30-40 FPS ON STANDARD SETTING XD
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 19
Per pagina: 1530 50

Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Steam Community > Dettagli della discussione
Data di pubblicazione: 6 mar 2013, ore 10:52