KIDZAP 3. maalis, 2013 13.27
Steam ID's
I just wondering if a person's steam id has been VAC banned can that steam id be used by another person. Or is that steam id permenately banned from being used.
Näytetään 1-7 / 7 kommentista
< >
Spawn of Totoro 3. maalis, 2013 13.41 
No. Steam IDs are specific to an account.

VAC only bans for a specific game with only two groups being an exception. A VAC ban does not effect other games in the account.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Spawn of Totoro; 3. maalis, 2013 13.41
KIDZAP 3. maalis, 2013 14.10 
I know VAC bans are game specific. The question was if a steam id is VAC banned let's say it's XYZ123. Can XYZ123 ever be used by another person?
Tito Shivan 3. maalis, 2013 14.11 
Also, SteamIDs cannot be faked or spoofed.
A cheater cannot login and cheat using other person's SteamID, so that person gets the ban instead of him.

Also no, SteamID are not recycled, every new account gets a new and unique SteamID
(Really old accounts with low SteamIDs are highly valued)
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Tito Shivan; 3. maalis, 2013 14.12
Spawn of Totoro 3. maalis, 2013 15.14 
KIDZAP lähetti viestin:
I know VAC bans are game specific. The question was if a steam id is VAC banned let's say it's XYZ123. Can XYZ123 ever be used by another person?

Like I said :No. Steam IDs are specific to an account.

Accounts can not be deleted so the ID will forever be tied to that account and no other.
KIDZAP 3. maalis, 2013 20.23 
Thank You for clearing that up for me as that is what I thought and just wanted to be sure.
KIDZAP 7. maalis, 2013 12.25 
OK I'm dense I know but you'll get over it.

Is checking a steam id on http://www.vacbanned.com/ a valid way to check a steam id statis?

I just checked an id and it said it had been benned but oddly enough under used nicknames another id is there and the one i checked isn't.
Tito Shivan 7. maalis, 2013 13.30 
Yes, it's a reliable source.
Profile names, or profile URLs are not a reliable way of finding someone, since they can be changed over and over, and there's not a full log of those changes.

If you have someone's SteamID, you can find him no matter how much he changes his name or profile URL.
If you want to know anyone's SteamID, you can also use SteamID Finder[steamidfinder.com]
Näytetään 1-7 / 7 kommentista
< >
Sivua kohden: 15 30 50
Lähetetty: 3. maalis, 2013 13.27