Lethal_Squ1rtz Feb 28, 2013 @ 9:25pm
Steam Games Come And Go?
I Honestly Feel That Steam Should Always Keep The Games They Sell For Continued Purchase. I Am Discovering That Steam No Longer Sells Games That I Have Seen or Have Even Purchased. There Are Many Games I Would Love To Buy But Steam Does Not Own The Franchise Rights To Sell :( Steam, You Are Griowing Up Fast... And Are Much Much Better Than Other Digital Download Clients.... But Your Store Selection Have Been Poor These Days Lately. Anyone Else Feel This Way?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Delph Feb 28, 2013 @ 9:29pm 
First please do not capitalise each word - it makes it impossible to read.

The reason why games are varied and completely up to the publisher. In some cases the rights to the IP lapsed and so they can no longer sell them. Or the game only runs on old systems and this was causing issues with people buying it and it not working. Or there might be a reboot of the franchise and they would like people to buy the new game. These are all perfectly valid reasons and Steam/Valve has no control over them.
Τhe Rolling Candy Cane Feb 28, 2013 @ 9:46pm 
Games come and go because of licensing issues with publishers, developers, etc. If you bought it once, it stays in your library forever.
Lethal_Squ1rtz Feb 28, 2013 @ 10:00pm 
Sure sure, I get that point. But there are so many good old and new games out there that steam should have avail in the store. Its just sad not to be able to buy the game on steam when I can elsewhere. So besides the stated above, we really already know the reasons as to why. My Question was dont you feel the same way?! Maybe this could be their wake up call to get more games into the store and back up for sale.
Τhe Rolling Candy Cane Feb 28, 2013 @ 10:01pm 
Originally posted by SovWell:
Sure sure, I get that point. But there are so many good old and new games out there that steam should have avail in the store. Its just sad not to be able to buy the game on steam when I can elsewhere. So besides the stated above, we really already know the reasons as to why. My Question was dont you feel the same way?! Maybe this could be their wake up call to get more games into the store and back up for sale.

I normally wishlist the games I want, and buy as soon as I hear from friends that the devs are about to go under. Got most of my games that are no longer on steam that way :>
You could also just buy the games you want instead of waiting.
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Candy Cane; Feb 28, 2013 @ 10:02pm
Lethal_Squ1rtz Feb 28, 2013 @ 10:24pm 
Originally posted by The Rolling Cheese:
I normally wishlist the games I want, and buy as soon as I hear from friends that the devs are about to go under. Got most of my games that are no longer on steam that way :> You could also just buy the games you want instead of waiting.

I would love to own the game Sea Dogs again :( That was the best Pirate Game ever! Just like wanting Leisure Suit Larry and other such oldies to be avail on steam :)

I would rather by Sim City 2013 on steam than Origin, and other games that EA owns... cuz Origin suxors badly.
Backpain Mar 1, 2013 @ 8:20am 
lol
Lethal_Squ1rtz Mar 1, 2013 @ 12:32pm 
I have the construction disk for that but not the game disk :( a shame, I liked Neverwinter Knights II too....
Lethal_Squ1rtz Mar 1, 2013 @ 4:46pm 
How is $19.95 free? But... Wahoo :) I can play it again lol
Lethal_Squ1rtz Mar 2, 2013 @ 2:59am 
miss read it,,, u ment damage free lol ... yep
Horatio Mar 2, 2013 @ 3:31am 
There are definitely games I would love to see on Steam, but I know it's not Valve's issue. Taking away the fear of losing my account one day and with it all my games I am happy to have Steam. It runs good, is easy to use, I can manage all my games with it (even those that aren't in the store - "Add a Game to Steam") including fast and easy updates/patches, there are interesting community features and they will surely improve even further in the future. I don't know any platform that offers as many (both good big mainstream as well as small indie) games as Steam does, let alone the many features it has in addition to it's stability and easy-to-use-interface.
Last edited by Horatio; Mar 2, 2013 @ 3:34am
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2013 @ 9:25pm