[dirrty]gsharp Feb 28, 2013 @ 10:26am
One person with multiple Steam accounts?
Steam Community,

How many of you have multiple Steam accounts? And why? I've been here for 8yrs but still only have one. Tell me what I've been missing out on. :)
Last edited by [dirrty]gsharp; Feb 28, 2013 @ 10:45am
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
Count Tito Von Shivanstein Feb 28, 2013 @ 10:40am 
Guilty as charged.

Long story short. I created another account while trying to prove a point during the 'SSA Change' debacle. Decided to give it some use. I turned it into a TF2 Idling account, adding it to my little drop logging project. (for science)
Jade Feb 28, 2013 @ 12:36pm 
I have two accounts.

My original account only has the Half-Life 1 Anthology pack which I bought retail for 1€. I installed it and was very excited to start playing. And... nothing. The game didn't work. None of them did. I tried everything but they were unplayable. I was so ♥♥♥♥ed off I swore off Steam for the rest of my life.

Then a few years later I decided to buy the Orange Box (I had previously owned it on the Xbox 360.) I still didn't want to have anything to do with the account that had the non-functioning games so I made a new account.

The only mildly usefull thing about my other account is that I was able to get one of the Steam holiday achievements that required trading. I just traded with myself (forever alone).
Satoru Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:04pm 
I have like 2

1) actually my 'original' is actually the oldest. But has only like HL1 on it when I was playing CS
2) My 'main' this one has most of my games. I had this weird thing where I got the orange box so I created a new account so I wouldn't overlap the games on my 'original'. Which made sense at the time... But then the 'alt' became my 'main' somehow.

So yeah. That's where I am with that.
Last edited by Satoru; Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:06pm
Spawn of Totoro Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:25pm 
I had two at one point.

First had CS 1.6 and Half-life 1. This was when Steam was first starting up. Then they released the Bronze(?) Silver and Gold HL2 packages. I made a new account and bought the silver one. I never touched the other acount again. Don't remeber the log-in, password or e-mail for it and don't care about it.
{MF} Mr. Potato Head Mar 1, 2013 @ 4:48am 
I have several accounts, i only use my main accout that i have had since the beginning. I am an admin on at times several servers and had my own sever and i needed a silent player to test things on or to watch the other admins and test them or watch the players without notice, . Just a tool to use i guess.
GALM_ Mar 1, 2013 @ 2:36pm 
Only have one and I am happy with it.
Quick!SaveTheChildren Mar 3, 2013 @ 9:14pm 
I created another account recently to test the Steam Guard date and trading requirements. What I found out is I could see a Steam Guard date on the new account, but on this current one, there's no date at all. Never got around to testing the trading rules though.
☯ Zerox the Lovely Mar 4, 2013 @ 1:32am 
I got 2 old ones that I never used. once I got a game for Steam I started using this account. And I got an alt acount for just in case.
Yoshi the Yoshi Mar 4, 2013 @ 8:55am 
I have a second one, because I wanted to see the german, censored version of TF2. I haven't used it for 2 years now.
Freyar Mar 4, 2013 @ 7:32pm 
I've only got one. What you see is what I've stuck by for almost nine years now.
_I_ Mar 5, 2013 @ 8:11am 
i have 3
for when friends want to come over and play tf2, cs or other free games
Z5Z5Z5Z5ZS2S2S2 Nov 12, 2013 @ 10:47pm 
i have 2 accounts with same user name
John Hadley Nov 12, 2013 @ 10:55pm 
In one free-to-play online game I had over 10 accounts because each account only let you play one character and gave you one weapon for free. Now that there are free-to-play games in Steam I could see having many Steam accounts for the same purpose, but I think I only have two because one time I created a second one because I wanted to play the demo of Kerbal Space Program after I bought the retail version and thought it was more cluttered and confusing than the demo.

I would bet there are people with dozens of Steam accounts though that try to cash in on freebies like the holiday sale trading cards, but they probably aren't going to come out and say so.
[TFOD]DoomOfGods Nov 30, 2013 @ 6:24am 
so it is okay to have more steam accounts?
maybe i'll create one to play my own games on it sometimes..
KoreRat Nov 30, 2013 @ 7:54am 
I have three. This one is my oldest and the one I use always. I have a second with Half-Life and Counter-Strike I made years ago when I lost/forgot my account info. And a third that I made for TF2 idling. I plan of "giving" my daughter my older extra account when she's old enough for CS:S.
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2013 @ 10:26am