Choib Feb 23, 2013 @ 8:17am
Aliens: CM -STILL- $79.95 Aus
Not going into the shambolic creation of this prime example of misrepresentation on a level not seen since the gulf war II, I have a very real question for steams financial departments on why this game is $30 more expensive than the US steam when the AUD vs USD is practically 1:1 ?

I made a terrible mistake in prepurchasing 2 copies of this game (1 for a friend) and the season pass (-$200 from my poor wallet) because I believed the E3 demo was accurate as well as streams representation - otherwise fine name of association with top titles for good prices has been sterling so far. But this game along with far cry 3 and several other titles are being marketted around 20-50% MORE for Australians with an equal value dollar for the same digital copy.

Im extremely upset this is being allowed to continue with no trade ins or other systems of return possible which is leading droves of gamers to illegally aquire games, even the honest ones with a "try before you buy" attitude as not to get grifted again. Faith in steam representing its clients 1st has shifted to treating the publishers first from many of our persepectives and enoughs enough.

Care to comment with a rational explaination on to why we are being so unfairly fleeced before we pull stakes and go with a company like greenman gaming or other online distribution service steam?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Spawn of Totoro Feb 23, 2013 @ 8:21am 
Developers/Publishers set the prices. Other then that, talk to your government and local retailers.

Only users post on the forums. If you want an official answer, you will need to contact support.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Feb 23, 2013 @ 8:22am
FrazerJC Feb 23, 2013 @ 8:29am 
To emphasise what Spawn of Totoro has said, the Developers/Publishers set the prices of their games on Steam; not Valve.
Satoru Feb 23, 2013 @ 10:25am 
PUBLISHERS

SET

PRICING
Delph Feb 23, 2013 @ 11:11am 
The reason why they are higher is retail stores - they need to set their prices higher in Oz and NZ due to small markets, distance etc and so force the publishers to sell their games higher on digital portals like steam.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2013 @ 8:17am