L4D and L4D2 (What Has Happen To Them)
I have both games, enjoyed them alot in the past, and love to get new maps/campaigns to increase my entertainment.

But these days, it seems that about 90% or more of the games I 'll play now (mostly all are public games and on official sites), are fill with disappointment, due to the fact of questionable activities.

ex: I join a game and my pings are 30 to 40 connection to the server, yet while playing the game, it is acting like I have a connection of 200+ pings and the console fills up with lines of text (colored red), then I start rubber banding (lagging and screen jumping back and forth), and the opposing side is moving super fast, and getting one shot kills on me and getting like 400+ damage per shot with a level 1 weapons (9mm pistol, mackine gun, pump shot gun, etc( not Level 2 weapons such as a m16, ak, assault shot guns, etc.)). Also when I am the survivors, it takes a clip or more to kill them, and you cannot melee them off and or stop their attacks (such as a jockey's ride, a hunter's pounce, a smoker's pull, and even a charger's charge), and even if you did stop their attack immediately and or very quickly, your health is like 1 to 40 after their attack, yet when you are the special infected, then every attack from your side is immediately and or very quickly stop and with little or no damge is givien to them.

I realize teamwork is a must, for a team to do well, but this leads me to question their activivties.

Both games are products of Valve, and are they not protected by VAC and or moderated?

I have serveral friends who has complained to me with the same type of incidents.

Does Valve know of this, and is Valve looking into this, and is Valve going to address these problems, and correct them ?

I certainly hope they do, otherwise, it will lead me to limit my use of these games, and leave me with a sour taste with Valve, since they are their products and I paided to be able to play them.

If you have these incidents too, and have any helpful comments, please post.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย (SOGA) SouthernBoy; 26 ก.พ. 2013 @ 10: 27pm
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-8 จาก 8 ความเห็น
You need to be on VAC protected server.
Yeah, but that is the main problem. You rarely find an VAC protected server in l4d games (if they have any). I agree with southernboy, valve pay attention to your costumers!
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Partyboy:
You rarely find an VAC protected server in l4d games (if they have any).
Every server I've ever played on in the thousand hours of L4D1/2 combined has had VAC enabled on it, so I don't believe that for a second.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย FrazerJC:
You rarely find an VAC protected server in l4d games (if they have any).
Every server I've ever played on in the thousand hours of L4D1/2 combined has had VAC enabled on it, so I don't believe that for a second.

Do you still playing? now most servers are 3rd party and the number of "cheaters" is growing like hell. Anyway every person has a point of view, that's why we are in a forum, to relate and share personal experience.
Yes, I still play on the rare occasion.
Servers are still VAC protected. A cheater on the server doesn't mean the server isn't running VAC. Please read this VAC Information Thread for more information on how VAC operates: http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/882959527688934488/

Just wanting to emphasise this line from the VAC Information Thread:
It should be noted that VAC employs the use of delayed bans in order to disrupt the development process of cheats - a ban imposed today may have been the result of a cheat detected by VAC two weeks previously.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Felix; 11 ก.พ. 2013 @ 1: 22pm
I agree with part in what you said. I readed the forum and i can tell you that im a newbie player (90h only), but since i start playing this game i never saw the message "this is a VAC secure server" in l4d, i tried to change in the server filters for only secure servers, let's see if it works. im not questioning you, i understand that every day they release update for cheat, making that impossible to control, but understand man, it's very frustrating when you're playing fair and in the other team people cheat to look "cool". P.S. i just check, and they dont have any l4d secure servers in the filters.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Partyboy; 11 ก.พ. 2013 @ 2: 38pm
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Hyperion:
You need to be on VAC protected server.

As I said, most are public games on official sites, it does not tell you if it is VAC secured or not, when you start the game; and this happens even when I am hosting the game, in which I have my settings for a VAC secured server, but still this seems like the norm or most of the time, when i play these games nowdays.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย (SOGA) SouthernBoy; 11 ก.พ. 2013 @ 2: 41pm
but since i start playing this game i never saw the message "this is a VAC secure server" in l4d
The L4D loading screen does not show that message - that line is about Team Fortress 2. But trust me... They are VAC Secure. If you want to check, use the console command mentioned in the VAC Information thread; I believe that works in L4D.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-8 จาก 8 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50