Kuasimoddo Jan 8, 2013 @ 7:16pm
old dude looking for old friends
I've been playing video games all my life. Unlike a lot of you I started on games that predated event the classics of centipede and pac-man. Love of pete, I've played games that were cassette based. In a nutshell, I'm an old fart in the world of video games. Yet I still just bought a gaming rig and I'm looking for similar young minded old farts to point me in the right direction both for clans, friends and games. I'm trying real hard not to isolate myself to single player action. Help an hold fogey out. Point a renewed old timer to pc in the right direction. worse case scenario....I'm chum......

Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Tyrant Jan 8, 2013 @ 7:45pm 
Im 40 and i dont consider myself an old fart bro;its not like your 90th and about to die!?Cheers.
MetalFoX Jan 8, 2013 @ 7:54pm 
Go on the "Community" and join some Steam groups for games or things like that. Hop along to some of their events (if they run them) and talk to some people there, might be a good place to start finding friends :D

All the best.

P.S. Welcome to the world of PC gaming. It take's a while to get going, but you'll make loads of friends in no time - trust me.
Cymbals Jan 8, 2013 @ 7:56pm 
Is there a game you want to work on in multi-player mode? Maybe list a couple games here, and people can add you. Feel welcome to add me.
Kuasimoddo Jan 9, 2013 @ 8:05am 
Originally posted by Tyrant:
Im 40 and i dont consider myself an old fart bro;its not like your 90th and about to die!?Cheers.

I'm mostly kidding. I'm coming from playing on console (PS3) where a large percentage of players are young kids.
Tangerine Dream Jan 9, 2013 @ 8:10am 
lol, old fart. *sheds tears of laughter*
Standardstyle Feb 2, 2013 @ 5:33pm 
I just recently started a gaming clan and am looking for new memebers to get things rolling. at the moment its just me and the other three founders, but we have a website on the way and a teamspak 3 server already running. our goal is to achieve a respectable community of gamers so that we all have someone to game with whether we are looking for a competitive BF3 match or just a layed back game of BO2 zombies. add me as a friend on steam if you are interested, thanks.
Dragon65 Feb 4, 2013 @ 5:37am 
I'm 65 this year I play L4D2 / UnrealTournament III and UnrealTournament 1999 G.O.T.Y.
Infact I run a UT 99 server
Power of Seven Feb 4, 2013 @ 8:08am 
I accidentally stumbled into this forum and saw this topic. I don't know if you're still reading this thread, but you should mention where you're located. It's important because if you're looking to play multiplayer, then your exact location matters for network lag.

I'm an older gamer myself and I was going to provide some suggestions, but I saw your list of games and you already have a lot of titles. I'm sure that by downloading and playing some of them, then you'll know what kind you like and then PC gaming gets pretty simple. Most of the time, people focus on a specific genre. From there, you can try out the demo or review the Let's Play videos on Youtube to see if that's something you'd like.
Mike4509 Feb 4, 2013 @ 7:40pm 
I'm 48 and have been gaming since the 70's. You can always join a clan. They even have some for older gamers, like geezergaming.com. Or you can go lone wolf and just jump into multiplayer. Either way, you'll get to know folks. Good luck. Add me if you want.
Lee Van Spamme Feb 5, 2013 @ 1:14am 
Im 34 and have been playing since the days of the Atari 2600 on games like Air Cobra and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi! Im gettin a bit old to continue console gaming, but I am realising that I can continue on the pc for many yrs to come. Enjoy gaming til your fingers dont work lol, or your eyes give up the ghost.
MarinusMaximus Feb 8, 2013 @ 2:51pm 
Originally posted by Dragon63:
I'm 65 this year I play L4D2 / UnrealTournament III and UnrealTournament 1999 G.O.T.Y.

I hope you stay and game for a looooong time :)
Kuasimoddo Feb 8, 2013 @ 7:23pm 
Originally posted by MarinusMaximus:

I hope you stay and game for a looooong time :)

AH MEN! I was just a little intoxicated when I wrote this but it seriously makes me feel good to see that I'm not alone as I become middle aged in my love of video gaming.
DeadlyScribe Feb 11, 2013 @ 2:05am 
I'm young but I wouldn't mind becoming your friend and showing you the way around a few games and clans,if there's someone who knows how to review videogames, it's me. Age is just a number on the internet.
Cabeys Odyssey Feb 11, 2013 @ 4:19am 
ive posted on your wall.

Ive just set up a community too on Steam for this very reason. If you dont mind chatting to some Europeans then your more than welcome to get in on this.
WhiteKnight77 Feb 11, 2013 @ 8:26pm 
At least now I know I am not the oldest one here, but I am still a bit older than Mike4509.

@Kuasimofo, I haven't looked at your games list, but I do know that games like Silent Hunter III and Silent Hunter IV are enjoyed by many older gamers (I would venture to say that the average age of SHII/IV gamers, especially at the Ubi forums was 45). Flight sims also garner a large share of older gamers (we can afford the payware mods that are available as well as the machines that can run them as well as the nice accessories that make sim flying easier be it joysticks or yokes and rudder pedals).

Oh yeah, I started gaming even before Pong first hit the market, but it was pinball machines at first.
Last edited by WhiteKnight77; Feb 11, 2013 @ 8:29pm
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2013 @ 7:16pm