Steam over LAN? 2 players
If I want to play with another person in the same house as me, do we have to have two steams and buy the game twice??
< >
Näytetään 1-9 / 9 kommentista
Depends on the game. You can log in steam as many time as you like as long as they are all in offline mode.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; 29.1.2013 klo 20.35
So some games (that don't require online play) can be played offline using the same Steam User account?
Technicaly, yes, though it is against the SSA/TOS to do so.

The rule is: One users per an account.

So you should have 2 accounts with the game purchased on each to legaly play.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Spawn of Totoro; 30.1.2013 klo 8.15
Yeah, that's kinda what I thought the answer would be. It's amazing to me how 'acceptable' this has become in the age of DRM. *sigh
digital.aura lähetti viestin:
Yeah, that's kinda what I thought the answer would be. It's amazing to me how 'acceptable' this has become in the age of DRM. *sigh

Seeing how games has never been cheaper and more convenient, I welcome how things are now.
That's valid to a point, but the principle seems all wrong. Your argument doesn't hold water with games like SIMCITY 4 where you dish out about $60 or more. In principle, too, I want to own the game, not the "instance" of the game. I was looking in the UNDER $10 section and you're right - I could buy the game twice and come out ahead. That's likely my only real option. I'm trying to find some good (non violent) games to play with my sons. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
digital.aura lähetti viestin:
That's valid to a point, but the principle seems all wrong. Your argument doesn't hold water with games like SIMCITY 4 where you dish out about $60 or more. In principle, too, I want to own the game, not the "instance" of the game. I was looking in the UNDER $10 section and you're right - I could buy the game twice and come out ahead. That's likely my only real option. I'm trying to find some good (non violent) games to play with my sons. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Minecraft and terraria.
good call. Got Minecraft, I was looking at Terraria... thx
The Rolling Ham Cheese lähetti viestin:
Seeing how games has never been cheaper and more convenient, I welcome how things are now.

Umm... I remember when you could get pretty much any title over a year old for 10 bucks or less at Babbage's. I'm old, I know, but you did say never.
< >
Näytetään 1-9 / 9 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 29.1.2013 klo 20.33