[dirrty]gsharp Jan 27, 2013 @ 9:04pm
The 852nd Hour Terraria Giveaway! (WINNER!)
The winner is andrewsgames. Friend invite sent.

The answer is M.U.L.E. which first appeared in 1983. The developer was Ozark Software and the publisher was Electronic Arts.

I really thought I gave away the answer with the first clue -- pack animals. From dictionary.com:

> pack animal - a MULE, donkey, burro, or horse bred for vigor and hardiness and used for carrying heavy loads.

The catchy soundtrack can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z48FWWCG4dU

Thanks to everyone who played!

I reached 852hrs of playtime in Terraria. To celebrate, I am giving away one copy of Terraria. Everybody is eligible except exp9090. To enter the contest, reply to this post with the answer to the following question:

There was a video game in the 80s that had four pack animals, a catchy soundtrack, and involved mining. Name the game and the developer.

A winner will be chosen at midnight EST on 28 Jan 2013.
Last edited by [dirrty]gsharp; Jan 28, 2013 @ 9:07pm
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
< >
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jan 27, 2013 @ 9:40pm 
Manic Miner?
Eric_Andrew_91 Jan 27, 2013 @ 10:03pm 
Yeah, it's Manic Miner by Matthew Smith. I believe it came out in '83.
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jan 27, 2013 @ 11:05pm 
And boy, that madness was f***in' manic! I had it on the Amstrad and I loved it! It was one of my faves, but Boulderdash was one one of my most faves, you know that one, Goofy? And there was Jet set Willy too, that had a catchy soundtrack, it played Beethovens' Moonlight sonata..heh, and when you died, you were placed on a pedestal whereby a giant foot came down and..squished you I guess heh heh. Those were the days...
[dirrty]gsharp Jan 27, 2013 @ 11:14pm 
Originally posted by Mystic Pobb:
And boy, that madness was f***in' manic! I had it on the Amstrad and I loved it! It was one of my faves, but Boulderdash was one one of my most faves, you know that one, Goofy? And there was Jet set Willy too, that had a catchy soundtrack, it played Beethovens' Moonlight sonata..heh, and when you died, you were placed on a pedestal whereby a giant foot came down and..squished you I guess heh heh. Those were the days...

While the flashback is appreciated, Manic Miner doesn't fit all of the requirements.
Eric_Andrew_91 Jan 28, 2013 @ 12:53am 

Yeah man, I wasn't born during the 80s decade, but my parents loved these games and still own most of them. Ah, my childhood was so enjoyable, lol.

Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:

While the flashback is appreciated, Manic Miner doesn't fit all of the requirements.

You asked for the game and developer. I named both, just wasn't by midnight, lol. Sorry, I was still celebrating the Rock winning the Wwe title :D
[dirrty]gsharp Jan 28, 2013 @ 12:59am 
Originally posted by goofycrack:

Yeah man, I wasn't born during the 80s decade, but my parents loved these games and still own most of them. Ah, my childhood was so enjoyable, lol.

Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:

You asked for the game and developer. I named both, just wasn't by midnight, lol. Sorry, I was still celebrating the Rock winning the Wwe title :D

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Your answer is incorrect. The answer is NOT Manic Miner.
Eric_Andrew_91 Jan 28, 2013 @ 1:00am 
Oh, nevermind then, Lol. MIght take forever to figure this out. Soooo many games were made from 80-89, lol. Could be Atari, Nes, Pc, could be anything.
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jan 28, 2013 @ 3:46am 
Not keen on terraria anyhow, it's enought o give an old fart like me a headache heh heh, peace out guys..
[dirrty]gsharp Jan 28, 2013 @ 3:16pm 
Originally posted by goofycrack:
Oh, nevermind then, Lol. MIght take forever to figure this out. Soooo many games were made from 80-89, lol. Could be Atari, Nes, Pc, could be anything.

Oh cmon. I gave a pretty big clue in the description! I practically gave it away.
Darkshark Jan 28, 2013 @ 3:56pm 
Dig Dug Namco?
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jan 28, 2013 @ 4:06pm 
Got a funny feeling Ocean made this...but can't remember the name...
Darkshark Jan 28, 2013 @ 4:07pm 
Miner 2049er by Bill Hogue
Twinkie Jan 28, 2013 @ 5:16pm 
Is it for any particular platform?
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jan 28, 2013 @ 5:18pm 
Well, just figure what platforms there were in the 80s...there was Amstrad, commodore 16 and 64, Amiga..others mentioned above...He's not gonna tell you is he!!!
bloodraven43 Jan 28, 2013 @ 6:23pm 
M.U.L.E....The PC port of M.U.L.E was developed by K-Byte Software, an affiliate of Electronic Arts....did i win...lol
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2013 @ 9:04pm