GALM_ Jan 5, 2013 @ 11:46am
How Do You Become a Steam Moderator?
Steam, I salute thee!

How do you become a Steam Moderator? I realise of course that you need to be active, so what are the requirements? I would really like to work for Valve, so I would like to see what life is as a moderator. Information will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Showing 1-15 of 41 comments
< >
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jan 5, 2013 @ 11:52am 
Good luck Charles!
Quick!SaveTheChildren Jan 5, 2013 @ 11:54am 
I'm curious to know the answer too.
GALM_ Jan 5, 2013 @ 11:56am 
Originally posted by Mystic Pobb:
Good luck Charles!
Thank you Pobb! Wouldn't it be fun to work for one of the biggest gaming companies in the world, to moderate their forums? One of my dreams...

But still I do not know if I am qualified, and patience is a virtue. ;)
Last edited by GALM_; Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:01pm
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:01pm 
Nothing wrong with asking. Though maybe you might want to try a more direct and formal approach?
GALM_ Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:05pm 
Nothing wrong with asking. Though maybe you might want to try a more direct and formal approach?
That is a very good idea. Shall I send an e-mail or wait for answer in this thread?
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:12pm 
I would treat it as a job search approach with respect, formality and appropriate behaviour, so, yeah, I think you could e-mail them, best not to make it too public, kno what I mean ;)
GALM_ Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:22pm 
I would treat it as a job search approach with respect, formality and appropriate behaviour, so, yeah, I think you could e-mail them, best not to make it too public, kno what I mean ;)
Get it. ;)

But still, isn't it good that one starts a thread like this, so the actual mods see that activity and interest. Where do you think I can send the e-mail? :)
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:26pm 
Look up Valve and do some research on them. You might find the answers you're looking for online.
SteventheSlayer Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:31pm 
Ok, I've got the answer.
You have to be asked by Valve.
So just try to be helpful around the forums, and if they need a moderator, perhaps they'll ask you. Btw, it's a non-paying job.
Last edited by SteventheSlayer; Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:31pm
GALM_ Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:35pm 
Look up Valve and do some research on them. You might find the answers you're looking for online.
I have searched and found I few sources that (may or may not) be useful in my search.
Originally posted by steventheslayer:
Ok, I've got the answer.
You have to be asked by Valve.
So just try to be helpful around the forums, and if they need a moderator, perhaps they'll ask you.
Thank you for the good answer! I will stay around and wait.
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jan 5, 2013 @ 5:39pm 
That explains a lot about the behaviour of some users, now I understand....
SteventheSlayer Jan 5, 2013 @ 6:09pm 
Personnally, I don't really expect to be asked. There are several people I can think of that are more helpful then I that aren't moderators.
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jan 5, 2013 @ 6:11pm 
I think they are aspiring to be moderators, like i was hinting to in my previous post ;)
SteventheSlayer Jan 5, 2013 @ 6:17pm 
I think they are aspiring to be moderators, like i was hinting to in my previous post ;)
Or just peopl that want to be helpful.
Either way, they'd probably get chosen way before I would.
Spawn of Totoro Jan 5, 2013 @ 7:35pm 
Originally posted by steventheslayer:
Personnally, I don't really expect to be asked. There are several people I can think of that are more helpful then I that aren't moderators.

You, tmwfte, FrazerJC, Satoru and Tito are the first to have my votes for a mod position. If it ever worked like that.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Jan 5, 2013 @ 8:03pm
Showing 1-15 of 41 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 5, 2013 @ 11:46am