IronCrystal 20 dic 2012, ore 9:12
Garry's Mod
So, I heard from a friend that in order to play Garry's mod, you need to have a source game. Now, Team Fortress 2 is free, and I'm pretty sure it is built with the source engine, so is that enough? Do I have to buy Counter Strike? Do you still have to buy Counter Strike Source? I'm not really sure. The steam page says nothing, but my info is probably old. I just want to know before I buy it.
Visualizzazione di 1-9 commenti su 9
< >
*o* | Gunn3R` 20 dic 2012, ore 10:06 
Gmod is not free, you have to buy it, isn't it ?
IronCrystal 20 dic 2012, ore 10:24 
Messaggio originale di _GuNNNNNNNNNNN`| =):
Gmod is not free, you have to buy it, isn't it ?

I know Gmod isn't free. What I'm asking is if I have to buy another game to play it. I heard you need a Source game to run Gmod, but I'm not sure if Team Fortress 2 is enough or not.
Spacerogue 20 dic 2012, ore 13:01 
GMod is indeed not free and comes with minimal content but its uh 'playable' by Gmod standard, you can also download a nice (free) amount of stuff from steam workshop to play around with, so yeah you can buy Gmod, download TF2 for free and have more stuff to play around with.

you only have to get CS if you really want said content.

Since the winter sales have started word of advice; Gmod can be bought cheaper, I bought it 75% off during autumn sales.

edit; I spell gud
Ultima modifica da Spacerogue; 20 dic 2012, ore 13:03
Vitdom 22 dic 2012, ore 17:13 
Garry's Mod - The commercial "game" is not free. You buy it through Steam and you don't have to have a Source-game. It's a source game itself.

If you're thinking about the pre-commercial version of Garry's Mod v9, it's completely free and you just need to have a Source game, as it's not a game, but a Mod. It's old as hell though.
Ultima modifica da Vitdom; 22 dic 2012, ore 17:14
RandonPeerson 22 dic 2012, ore 19:12 
TF2 would work but I highly recommend you get CSS and HL2 and the HL2 episodes. Almost all of the online content uses it and without it you won't be able to play gamemodes like gmtower or trouble in terrorist town.
Tepi 24 dic 2012, ore 3:26 
TF2 will work, but if you own other source games too such as Counter-Strike: Source, you will unlock more content for it, like props, weapons.
[SPODERMAN] Liam Neeson 6 gen 2013, ore 1:20 
you could buy half life2 itys good value and made with source=D
Maxwell 7 gen 2013, ore 3:58 
You don't need a source game Gmod comes with its own little engine now.
有紀 9 mar 2013, ore 21:55 
If you want enough conten in gmod, I recommend you download on steam age of chirvalry and dystopia, both are free hl2 mod.
Visualizzazione di 1-9 commenti su 9
< >
Per pagina: 15 30 50
Data di pubblicazione: 20 dic 2012, ore 9:12