Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Steam Community > Подробности темы
Must have games for RPG fans
What's up people, I ask this question because well I'm new to PC gaming as of a month ago. Had a crappy windows XP enabled desktop computer with 512 mb of ram and an outdated processor and video card so I upgraded for my college classes. Little did I know that my PC was strong enough to play some games. So what I ask of you my fellow community frineds is what console style RPG games would you reccommend here on Steam. I am a fan of games such as: Fallout, Skyrim, Tales of series, Fire Emblem, Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Valkyria Chronicles and so on and so forth. Strategy games count to, though I'm not a fan of RTS games, but I am willing to make an exception for anything that has character creation. Thanks in advance good people.
< >
Сообщения 115 из 22
Knights of the Old Republic is really good.
Borderlands 2 is also supposed to be amazing.
Ys Origin / Ys The Oath in Felghana if you like japaness RPG and look to The Last Remnant and bastion if your System can run them .You can find clips for these games on youtube ,since winter sale is close keep an eye on them .
Отредактировано jagd; 8 дек. 2012 г. в 12:38
The Witcher is a very good game, albeit with a wonky combat style, but it'll grow on you.
Dark Souls is also really great, it's just a shoddy PC port (it was From's 2nd port and porting to PC is NOT their strong suit) but it has a mod that clears up the problems.
The witcher, Drakensang, Knights of the old republic, risen, titan quest, divinity 2, divine divinity, dragon age origins, and dark messiah of might and magic.
Morrowind & Oblivion if you haven't played them yet (you can install mods to bring their graphics up to date), Deus Ex series, Dragon Age, Divinity II, and Witcher series. Bioshock is of course a classic, but skip Bioshock 2 unless you're prepared to wrestle with Games for Windows Live (GFWL). As always, wait for the big summer or winter sales to pick up most of these at 75% off- the next one starts on Dec 20.

If you reside in the U.S., also keep an eye out for Amazon sales- they post new deals every week. For example, they recently had the Bioshock Dual Pack (1&2) on sale for $4.99, and they even threw in a $5 coupon, so even though Bioshock 2 has bad DRM, you basically would get it for free if you ever wanted to give it a try.
Отредактировано gnoj; 9 дек. 2012 г. в 19:24
Thanks for the suggestions, does the witcher have any character creation mods?
Don't know about console-style but Drakensang and Dragon Age: Origins are two of the best RPGs.
Отредактировано Thordred; 10 дек. 2012 г. в 0:06
A few must-have for me would be Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Dragon Age, Divine Divnity, Gothic 1 and 2 and Knights of the Old Republic
nobody said diablo or diablo2/w lod yet?
nwn/nwn2
Baulders gates series
icewind dale series
It depends on whether story is more important that graphics or whether you'd prefer a balance.

If you rate story above all else then you should really give the old DnD inspired games a whirl - Baldurs Gate 2 and Icewind Dale 2 (probably easier to get into that BG2 as it's less open world and more fighting). Both of these games pretty much inspired the future generation of RPGs like Dragon Age.

If you haven't already, check out Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, Oblivon and Skyrim. It'll also put you in a good position should you decide you want to play Elder Scrolls Online when it is released.

If you're into Sci Fi RPGs then Mass Effect and Fallout are good places to start.

These are by no means the definitive; however they are pretty much what i'd consider the essential RPGs on the the PC.
Vampire: The Masquerade looks really cool. Can you alter the appearance of your character?
How about multiplayer RPGs? NWN/NWN2 which were already mentioned here. A lot of others that could be (IE Diablo) never have anyone RPing.
Quite a few of the games mentioned are quite old. I would watch gameplay videos before buying. Some are also turn based, group based and stat dependant games. Theres a wide variety of rpg games. Games in a series can also change quite a bit. For example morrowind and oblivion are very different.
Отредактировано Set-115689; 10 дек. 2012 г. в 19:21
Yest that is very true that the games change overtime. I played oblivion and skyrim and while they are smiliar in many ways there are some key fundamentals that seperate the two.
I liked morrowind ui options better than skyrim and oblivion's, plus equiping left shoe and right shoe was fun too. But overall game mechanics i think were better in both, loss of some of the time grinding hardcore tweaking in favor of the straight forward hack and slash element wasnt all bad.

If steam had 'Arcanum' I would suggest that, that game just plain rocked.
Отредактировано Super.Skirv; 11 дек. 2012 г. в 5:40
< >
Сообщения 115 из 22
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Steam Community > Подробности темы
Дата создания: 8 дек. 2012 г. в 10:05