Barto Dec 3, 2012 @ 7:48pm
Some form of a Contest...
Well, yea. It's Christmas time (December, the first...), and I guess it's the holiday for giving. So, every good thing has a catch or something. This giveaway has a contest...
MineCraft-A build, any theme, on Minecraft. just a build... It can be in superflat, but it would be better in the regular world (better chance to win). A video sent to me on YouTube will suffice, or screenshots and an explanation in your post.
To further explain; A winder themed build, a Halloween haunted mansion, a medieval city, a Utopia, an alien planet, whatever you can think of. (Please keep it appropriate, you know what I mean) Redstone creations are allowed, if you can manage to do one.
Don't copy builds off of a Minecraft forum, or whatever people do. It HAS to be original, your work, nobody else's. If you choose to do a co-op build, the prize will be split somehow, such as one person building a structure and the other engineering redstone.
There should be at least 5 entries before I choose the winner, or until I see an extremely impressive build.
Any other game: Impress me by making me laugh, making a video that's just... Derp, or an epic gameplay/trailer for something I might buy. (TY or Private videos will work, post your entries on the thread)
The Prizes:
1st place: Any Steam game within reason ($30, I might be able to go more) (Yes, I had an uneven amount...) This amount will probably increase depending on when I end up going to GameStop or somewhere to get another Steam card.
Runner up: A copy of "Don't Starve" on Steam or a $10 or under Steam game
Runner up 2: A copy of "Don't Starve" on Steam or a $10 or under Steam Game

The Deadline:
Christmas or New Years. Depends on how I feel about it.

So... Yea. That's about it. (First contest, so it may not be the best.)
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
SteventheSlayer Dec 3, 2012 @ 8:16pm 
Well, sadly I don't own minecraft. Maybe I'll take a screencap of one of my terraria creations.

For now, I'll put my favorite trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi2UZrnGXQo&r=ovr
Barto Dec 3, 2012 @ 8:24pm 
A Terarria bould would be impressive if done properly... They tend to contain more detail than MineCraft could. I'd love to see it if you get the chance!
Originally posted by steventheslayer:
Well, sadly I don't own minecraft. Maybe I'll take a screencap of one of my terraria creations.

For now, I'll put my favorite trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi2UZrnGXQo&r=ovr
SteventheSlayer Dec 3, 2012 @ 11:49pm 
Here you go. I don't really expect it to win, but it was fun making it.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=111515525
Barto Dec 4, 2012 @ 8:57pm 
Hey, so far you're one of two entrants... :b It's nice looking, I like it. It goes with a Christmas theme...
SteventheSlayer Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:09pm 
Originally posted by Bartolosa1:
Hey, so far you're one of two entrants... :b It's nice looking, I like it. It goes with a Christmas theme...
Thanks. I may edit it a bit more if I get the chance. Looked at the ingame snowglobe, and realized it has a cone bottom, not a round one. *Facepalm* Hey, it was late, I was tired.
SteventheSlayer Dec 10, 2012 @ 9:25am 
So, what's the progress on this?
I didn't originally enter to get the price, but now that there isn't many entries, I might actually have a chance with my round-bottom snowglobe.
Last edited by SteventheSlayer; Dec 10, 2012 @ 9:39am
Barto Dec 10, 2012 @ 6:05pm 
Oh, right. The progress, I have another thread for this contest not on steam, so far...
P_D: Minecraft "adventure" map, CandyLand. (Detailed)
Pearlpied: A city MineCraft adventure map (Don't know a lot about it)
Alderscroft: A Tekkit city
Zingrox: I have no idea yet.
ruspecial and assultwolf: A server, handbuilt structures.
So far, only P_D has shown me his, and it's pretty nice. So far, you've got 2nd since nobody else has shown me theirs...
I didn't originally enter to get the price, but now that there isn't many entries, I might actually have a chance with my round-bottom snowglobe.
SteventheSlayer Dec 10, 2012 @ 6:51pm 
Originally posted by Bartolosa1:
Oh, right. The progress, I have another thread for this contest not on steam, so far...
P_D: Minecraft "adventure" map, CandyLand. (Detailed)
Pearlpied: A city MineCraft adventure map (Don't know a lot about it)
Alderscroft: A Tekkit city
Zingrox: I have no idea yet.
ruspecial and assultwolf: A server, handbuilt structures.
So far, only P_D has shown me his, and it's pretty nice. So far, you've got 2nd since nobody else has shown me theirs...
Okie dokie then.
Let me know on this thread or my profile how I rank. Like I said, I don't expect to win, so don't try to break the news to me easily or anything.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2012 @ 7:48pm