Captain Dragnacity May 20, 2013 @ 7:00am
Why do I not have any tf2 trading cards?
with the amount of stuff I buy from there store, I figured I would have at least one.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
eram May 20, 2013 @ 7:11am 
Play tf2 for cards to drop.
Captain Dragnacity May 20, 2013 @ 7:53am 
Originally posted by eram:
Play tf2 for cards to drop.
sounds logical, Also I have played many hours of portal 2, do I have to play it again to get the cards?
Penther Sechs May 20, 2013 @ 8:14am 
Looks like the time/money "lost" on the games before trading cards exists will not count... I have nothing for HL2, Portal 2 nor TF2 (bought before it became F2P)
Skill May 20, 2013 @ 8:37am 
For me they didn't drop at alloted times really, sometimes i went a couple of hours without getting any, and then i got 2 within 20 minutes.
MagzM Aug 6 @ 8:39pm 
Is there a chart of drop meter like every 100 hours you get one trading card? Or is it really random? I play 200 hours of Tf2 and not a single card dropped !
FFL2and3rocks Aug 6 @ 9:30pm 
Originally posted by MagzM:
Is there a chart of drop meter like every 100 hours you get one trading card? Or is it really random? I play 200 hours of Tf2 and not a single card dropped !

For free-to-play games like TF2, you become eligible for one card drop for every $9 you spend ingame. Then you have to run the game to get the card, the amount of time it takes depends on the game. It might take 10 minutes or an hour for each card.
Last edited by FFL2and3rocks; Aug 6 @ 9:31pm
MagzM Aug 6 @ 9:32pm 
Thank You! Good Sir, But Im not planning on using money. I think I'll just trade them
[nut!]Matty Aug 6 @ 10:15pm 
You will only get half of the cards without spending money. The other half of the cards can only be had by buying them or trading for them.
Pingu Aug 6 @ 11:50pm 
Originally posted by nut!Matty:
You will only get half of the cards without spending money. The other half of the cards can only be had by buying them or trading for them.

In free to play games you have to spend money in game to get any card drops. Pretty sure you get no card drops if no money is spent.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 7:00am